Kingfish around Maraetai / Duders ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davecorny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingfish around Maraetai / Duders ?
    Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 12:06pm
Davecorny View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We have been fishing around Maraetai and Omana for years in the hunt for snapper. Recently we got a few new kingfish rods and need to find a few spots to use them.

Does anyone know any places around maraetai or duders where we might find some kingis? I have seen abit of talk about gannet rock/pakatoa reef but was going to see if there was anything abit closer. Have also seen people talking about the right end of duders beach, however these people all seem to be land based. Can you get a boat in there?

There are a lot of rocks/reefs between maraetai and duders beach, has anyone tried?

Please let me know any ideas? Or if there are kingies around this time of year.