The boat build (photo intensive)

Page  <1 789
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 7:33pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I knew someone was going to ask me that one day. I have been meaning to figure it out for some time but keep forgetting. 

5-6k roughly.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 7:45pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nicely done for that money would make a great boat for the Kaipara.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 8:10pm
Millsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have family up there. The original family from Paparoa. Haven't got around to fishing those waters yet. Yes, great boat for shallows. Handles the sea in the Papakura channel in a stiff SW rather well too.

I should quantify the cost somewhat here. I didn't skimp on materials. It is all marine grade meranti and gaboon ply. Kauri as well. 

The paint job wasn't cheap, but reasonable and well worth it.

I did recyle some jarrah that was part of a telegraph pole.

I almost feel it is to good to use for fishing sometimes.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 9:41pm
Rudy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Holy mackerel.  Hadn't checked this thread for a while.  That is a very classy boat.  Serious attention to detail too.  Beer
Page  <1 789