Abalone / Paua Veneer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abalone / Paua Veneer
    Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:00pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking for those with experience in using veneer.

I would like to attempt to use it on a few lures, but is there any difference between sources of veneer? AcidRod has the thinnest I have seen so far and is super flexible.

Any personal experience's with veneer?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidoggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:23pm
skidoggg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

have used on the inserts in making marlin lure heads ,trims up good  with a good sharp pair of scissors.there was different shades of colour available incl a yellowish version . think there was some avail on trade me and spotlight stores have it also  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:57pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by skidoggg skidoggg wrote:

have used on the inserts in making marlin lure heads ,trims up good  with a good sharp pair of scissors.there was different shades of colour available incl a yellowish version . think there was some avail on trade me and spotlight stores have it also  

Cheers,

What I have seen on TradeMe and in Spotlight is laminate, the laminate is thicker than the veneer. I need super thin product to smooth over the curves of a lure. I would be keen to see some of your trolling heads though out of interest Wink 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TOSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 5:18am
TOSF View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PM sent
http://www.facebook.com/TonyOrtonSportFishingOffshoreAdventures
www.offshoreadventures.net
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 8:42am
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

www.mopsupplies.com.au has the thinnest. I can send you a sliver if you need.
Stu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:34am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Xtoad Xtoad wrote:

www.mopsupplies.com.au has the thinnest. I can send you a sliver if you need.
Stu

Thanks Stu,

I emailed these guys the other day for an updated price list as the website is a bit out of date. It is the thinnest I have found also, I think it may be the go!

Do you have an updated list Stu? If so would you PM it to me, or mailto:[email protected]

I will need large sheets for lures, so I'm picking I'll have some good off cuts for rods Wink