How to fillet a snapper

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boatman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:08am
boatman1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you all for the advice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:22pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by boatman1 boatman1 wrote:

Thank you all for the advice

No one mentioned the first very important step ie 

" First catch your snapper "

There is also a method that makes it real easy & much neater plus no mess ie.

Oceans & probably other fish retailers will fillet skin & bone for $3 per fish.

Must confess to using their services on a couple of occasions when it was not practical to do at home.

I understand if you are really lazy they will cook it as well ... ideal for a party or gathering. 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:14pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Forgot to mention regardless of the method used I usually keep some scales from my bigger snapper as the local kids like to screw wheels on them for use as skate boards.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Forgot to mention regardless of the method used I usually keep some scales from my bigger snapper as the local kids like to screw wheels on them for use as skate boards.

Man, I've heard some fishing stories in my life but that one ... LOL
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:17am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Hey mate I am a fisherman, consequently goes without saying would NEVER stoop towards any form of exaggeration & to prove the point may even donate one or two for prizes in the junior section of the upcoming Grunta Hunter comp !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 5:05pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Hey mate I am a fisherman, consequently goes without saying would NEVER stoop towards any form of exaggeration & to prove the point may even donate one or two for prizes in the junior section of the upcoming Grunta Hunter comp !

Bazza, why would any one want a snapper or two as a prize in a Gurnard Comp?SleepyLOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Page  <123