fishing spots around christchurch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alex1310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishing spots around christchurch
    Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 11:26pm
alex1310 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hay guys!

so have got myself a boat and would like to take it out launching from lyttelton. Anyone know how far i would have to go and any good spots to catch some decent fish! thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote trojan tinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:28pm
trojan tinny View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Alex. Not much feedback from anyone around our  way I see.Confused Ive just got a small tinny and had a couple off goodsize Kawahi 6llb just off from the rocks just before little port cooper. Havn't gone any further yet, been trying the boat out. maybe someone will give us a bit more info. best of luck.Big smile Id like to target Gurnard any advice or spots would be much apprieated. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote trojan tinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:29pm
trojan tinny View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

In and around Lyttelton for the Gurnard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote notalloyit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:23pm
notalloyit View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gidday local as well, i've got a hankering to have a go ,looking for a feed, don't usually fish lyttelton, but happy to give it a go, last time was red cod and doggies, but 'round the heads and up that way happy to do a trip with some other boats. prefer saturdays. depending on weather and wind i think around towards taylors and the reef, has some potential, happy to do an expedition for future fishing spots.
BNS Design & Print LTD 0800 733 000   for all printing needs, special rates for website members. Free freight NZ wide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slurpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:02pm
Slurpy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any fishos in the Kaikoura coast out there? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slurpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:04pm
Slurpy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any Kaikoura fishos with a Surtees workmate 5.5m cuddy? If so what do you think of them for that coast and out to the Bushetts reef and beyond?
I've seen someone with a MacLay 5.5m often, how is that? Thanks for any advice!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote offcut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 9:57am
offcut1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Trojan Tinny, any hints on where to have a look for gurnard around Lyttleton? Pretty keen to have a go. Upper harbour shallows or further out? Are they still around during winter? Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bobba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 6:50am
bobba View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey local canterbury fisherman divers. I have been over in christchurch from the coast for 6 months now. I want to get in some diving over Akaroa way. Anyone know of a good charter?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:38am
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ChCh area
S43 07.777 E173 13.533
S43 31.180 E173 32.755
Try these spots see how ya go