LegaSea

Page  <1 929394
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:33pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

https://legasea.co.nz/news/latest-updates/
Read that but nothing of any substance. Its like they are afraid to make a political stance and ruffle feathers.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 7:56pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think they've made their opinion clear. Not much else they can do, they're just a pressure group. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 5:30am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

I think they've made their opinion clear. Not much else they can do, they're just a pressure group. 
Having just read all 94 pages from 10/2/12 to present. NO change or gains have been made in the recc sector. Trawlers still free to operate in set boundaries. Only change is or is coming land all catch. Snapper have rebounded slightly but demise of other stock is noticeable.

Seems a lot of public//corporate funds raised  to keep the old boy network alive. Yes there is a need for advocacy groups but should they not be asking supporters or the recc sector what you and I actually want,not just what the NZSFC agrees too?

With aprox 600 thousand recc fishers in NZ would it not be better to form a political party or align themselves with a party to make progress. Yes we  still have the ongoing battle over what Seachange agreed too but not implimented due to being over ridden by Govt/Mpi. This is where alignment could/should be pushing agreed issues. At the moment you have a outsider pushing a minority group needs/wants with no substance or representation at Govt level.

Seems to me still playing the blame game reccs v comms without consulting, sitting at the table define areas/boundaries both parties can agree too and present to Govt.Hey look we are in agreeent how about signing it off? I know one of the sticking points is nil catch reporting by reccs,dont have a problem reporting catch or mortality rates.

The Hauraki gulf maritime park was formed over 24 yrs ago still no change.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Page  <1 929394