Port Waikato 6/2/12

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port Waikato 6/2/12
    Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 5:56pm
"Scooter" View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got out to the Port around 9.30 this morning an got launched without any dramas.
Paddled out to the south point an was a little disapointed the big bait schools had vanished,,but at the same time my mates the Hectors Dolphins also seemed to be elsewhere.
I had a bit of a cast about and hooked into a couple of Mackerel even though they weren't showing on the sounder.
Put them in my sack and the next cast had me hooked into a very fit an very angry Kahawai that made several long runs an had me thinking he may of been rat kingie at one stage.
When I got him to the Yak I saw why,,,,he was a munter around 5lb.
Another cast and a repeat of the same action,,so that was bait an fish cakes taken care of.
As I was bleeding the second fish I dropped him in the foot well and he went absolutely nuts thrashing the water coming through the foot scupper into a red foaming mess an spraying it all over me an the front deck,,,,,nice one,,so now I'm a shark FAD.
I'm washing the last of the blood off an look up to see two other yaks closing in,,,turns out to be FatJimmy and mate Rodger.
Intro's all round an we head to the south rock,,just stopping along the way to hook another Kahawai or three.
Get down to said rock and start casting about,but only succead in hooking three HiwiHiwi so drift out a bit further.
There's an alloy boat  out a bit an as I paddle past them I see somebody bring in a Gurnard,,,so all breaks on and I anchor up about 30 meters away from them an switch riggs to a Penn 320 with stray line set up.
Over the next hour I bring in five big Gurnard an one Trevelly all on strips of Kahawai.
Over this time I'd heard the odd yahoo from the boys back at south rock so as things started to slow down where I was I put the bait outfit away an headed back their way with my Softbait outfit,,,to find they'd been into the Snapps with several each an Rodger having taken a particularly nice fish of around five lb.
By now my attempt to chop my finger tip off last weekend was making it self known again,so I decided to pack it in an head back to shore.
Getting back in was looking good until only 20 meters or so off shore where the waves would suddenly jump up an have a go at turning you around,,,or over as one of the boys came "very close" to finding outWink
Well I won't say who it was,,but Rodger an myself realised what was up an with expert skill ect we both surfed it in like pro's.
Not a bad west coast carrot.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 6:38pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LOL Good read .....

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fatjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 7:25am
fatjimmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

haha who was it!! good stuff! Thumbs Up