Hector at the port.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hector at the port.
    Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 1:16pm
"Scooter" View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Put in at Port Waikato around 8:00am this morning,,surf was about 1.3m at the main part of Sunset beach but only around .5 or so at the south corner,so I got out without even getting the usual face full.
Once past the shelter of the south point,it was straight into an on and off again 2 meter ocean swell and 10-15K SW,er.
Even got a couple of interesting swells around 3 meters come through but the PF400 handles them like nothing at all,,,so long as the operator sees them coming that isLOL
I paddled about 4 kms south of the point,,and set up to drift back toward Sunset beach,Resene sea anchor out the front,thus keeping me face on to the sea so I can see the incoming.
Lots of bait fish sign on the sounder and the odd black flash zooming through had me thinking "Kingies",,,but they very soon turned out to be Hectors Dolphins which hung around me the whole time I was out there.
So all I caught were half a dozen jumbo sized Yellow tail macks which I kept as bait for tomorrow.
This is the 3rd time I've encountered these dolphins,and every time the fishing has been really slow.
I took dozens of pic's but most came out pretty poorly as I was just pointing an clicking,,,,didn't want to take my eyes off the immediate horizon ayeWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 4:24pm
shad View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good report Jacee, some big ocean swells coming through ,you must have had your bottom pined to the seat.Shocked
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:36pm
"Scooter" View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah your not wrong.
Manukau tomorrow,nice an flatThumbs Up