New Strike Pros

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Strike Pros
    Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 5:54pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK, so these are fairly new here too. Just been over to Kilwell today, and among other things snagged a few of the new Strike Pro lures in.

The small ones in the centre are 38gms (I think I remember that from the packaging as I ripped it open! :-) ) and should be in the shops for around the $18 mark I think.
The larger ones are more for your stickbait market, but I think could do a bit of a cross over into hard body lures I suppose.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:57am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The skeleton one looks interesting and different... good prices there to by the sounds
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:58am
Titanium
Titanium

It will be interesting to see how it casts. The smaller ones, the  flex-x ones, are a ***** to cast, they loop back over the trace every other damn cast, but they troll brilliantly.

Not sure what the bigger ones will be, I suspect more in the mid twenties, but those smaller hard-bodies will be in the late teens.
The normal version of those wiggle tail lures, (a little larger by an inch or so, but same shape) are the ones that did this now rather well known picture....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

On closer look, I think of those smaller trembler type lures, the blue/silber and silver/black ones could be damned lethal. Not sure about here in NZ, they are not as heavy as the Sebiles of the similar size, however, for flinging around reefs and fads in the tropics, I think they would have to be truly deadly lil' buggers. Also, the one with the orange and black stripes may be pretty effective as well, there is a fish up there called a "kulele" or black barred bream or something....
....which I reckon could pretty easily match the hatch for that species too.....
...all these new toys, man, I am getting a serious itch to try them out soon! Roll on January! :-)