Fuiji

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuiji
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 9:14pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hoping some one can confirm the following

I was specking to a rod manufacture in the USA yesterday and they were saying they cant get stock of Fuiji guilds as the factory was wiped out in the earth quake in Japan and the stock that was available has been brought up by European company's , also they were saying its pretty hard to get genuine Fuijis as they are being copied that much via Asian company's,this company was saying they will only be using Alps and Pac Bay foe now on,as I said I dont know if its true as rumors are riff in this industry
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 9:28pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

More than likely a big price break for them using Alps or Pac Bay...

Fuji wouldn't fold... PM "MIB" if you get stuck he may be able to clarify this for you.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 8:19am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've not heard this specific rumour but I am somewhat sceptical.
Is it all fuji components these guys are having a hard time finding? I occasionally have a hard time finding some of the more obscure products but by and large most of the stuff seems to be easy enough to get. I know they do limited runs of certain things thought too.
I've not seen any fuji copies, but if I have and I don't know it, then they're going pretty well to copy such a quality product. 
I don't use any pac bay guides (some reel seats but no guides) I would think for quality you'd want to exhaust your fuji options first. If it were purely a cost cutting excercise then sure, but even then the cost generally isn't big enough to warranty deminishing your brand. Alps have a lot of good guides but also some aren't the most corrosion resistant either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gtrbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:11am
gtrbaby View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

intersting  RA Conaghans just got over 100 boxes of guides in from Japan for CTS -  pretty sure they are still up and running - these are the new E series guides - so the later stuff out too...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:23am
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Badfish , I might be wrong here , but I am under the impression Alps guides are 316 SS , and Fuji are 306 SS ? whick makes Alps a better gade of S/ Steel , please correct if I am wrong .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skipjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 11:09am
Skipjack View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Red Hunter alps guides are made of 316 SS but some have coatings which go green you have to watch the codes (Stick to the SS one's not the chrome or TiC coated i don't know the codes i don't do the ordering).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 4:54pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your onto it Skipjack. Somewhere along the way alps seem to have changed their finish on the chrome and they're far more prone to corrosion around the foot even if they are cleaned religiously.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 7:49pm
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the info guys , I thought that might be the case , that is why I have been using the S/S guides , the reason I went to Alps was because I was getting a lot of Fuji guides out of alignment , it was not just one or two , it became a pain in the bum , I was getting up to 80 at a time , and to find 6 to 8 out adds up ,or is that the nom ? and you have to exspect it ? or bad batch .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nagged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:46am
Nagged View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There is very little difference in price between the two now. Yes manufactures were recommending Alps as lead times for Fuji was double.   With Fuji's new factory up and running in China now it should sort itself out pretty quick.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 10:45am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I know I"ve had a problem buying the K series , received info last night that we have a shipment on its way for our spin/softbait rods which is good as they one of the best guilds out there, looking at grabing a few of these as well

Ferruled saltwater aluminium reel seats. Allows a one piece blank to become a two piece. Perfect for 7’ and 8’ blanks.

New Ferrule Locking Nut for 2-Part Assembly.

DELRIN Insert (Pat. Pending) - For Sizes 22 & 24 Only.

Insulates Reel Foot from Aluminium Hood & Seat Body.

Eliminates Saltwater corrosion - Maintains Exterior Lustre.

Innovative Locking Nut.

Easy To Tighten - Easy On The Fingers - Better Than Conventional Diamond Knurling.

Longer Thread for Stronger Locking Power.

Recessed Nylon Washer.

Maintains Secure Fit.

Reduces Electrolytic Corrosion and Binding.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain