Couple of new toys....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple of new toys....
    Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:02pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

...just got these new toys in to play with. Hopefully be able to get out next week some time, see how they go!

The top one is one of the new Sebiles from Purefishing, looks good, and having heard so much about them, I'll be interested to see if I can get it to work for me, the second is a new toy from River-2-sea, they call it a Stickbait with a bib (I said "it's a bibbed minnow mate!" but they said "no no, it's a stickbait, but with a bib!!!". Well, it looks like a bloody bibbed minnow to me, BUT!!!! I shall be guided by thems as knows better'n I, and call it a bibbed stickbait, hows that :-) )
It is however a very heavy little lure, I weighed it at 70gms, so it should cast like a bullet, and sink like a stone as well I am picking, so I think it should fit in quite nicely with the Sebile as a Hardbody Bait.
We shall just have to see how they go eh!
I likes getting me new toys, just to keep the TAS ticking over, eh! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crazyfisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 8:11pm
crazyfisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

So what are you going after with these mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 8:32pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anything willing to eat them I would imagine!LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:37pm
Titanium
Titanium

I really would like to get near one of those bird work-ups in the gulf if Billy Ho nd I get out next week, and see if I can't get a few snaps on them.
However, a king or two would also go down very nicely indeed... :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:56pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

last time I got some thing like that it was for the wife and it hummed cause it did not know the words.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter Pakula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:49am
Peter Pakula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Changing the hooks and split rings might be an idea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidoggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 8:39am
skidoggg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

look pretty shiney ,bet the cuta will love em Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:23am
Titanium
Titanium

I wouldn't mind going with singles on them PP, but I am a little concerned a single may stuff up the action. I was thinking though of maybe popping an assist hook on them maybe, replacing the belly treble, and a single in the tail.
After I have played with these as they are I will quickly know if they need re-rigging. The hooks on the R2C do look a little lightweight, and appear to be only bronzed, but by cripes they are sharp little bug..... fellows.
Hmmm... coutas.... hmmmm.... well, we'll just have ot hope they last long enough eh :-)

The Sebile is only 25gms or so, so it is not hugely heavy, I am just wondering if a sinker directly above the lure would help it dive into snapper territory faster, or would that stuff up the lures action. The R2C one shouldn't have that problem I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crazyfisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:34am
crazyfisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just reading about the Sebile ones right now in the Latest Fishing Coast to Coast...seems like the Snapper really like them...and they say to fish them a bit like softbaits...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

I'm certainly going to give them a burl if I can like that! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:06pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice CA Thumbs Up 

And yes it is a bibbed minnow always has been always will be, a twitch/stick bait is different.

Here's a couple of toy's I am getting made (examples)... About a month or two away...These are purely for collecting. May even give one a go myself, I have some prop baits to build so may try one on these....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 1:08pm
Titanium
Titanium

Damn!Those fish you target must have MEAN teeth! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TitusCanby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 6:18pm
TitusCanby View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How did those senile lures fish, CA?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TitusCanby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 6:20pm
TitusCanby View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry, I inadvertently misspelt Sebile! No offence meant.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:24pm
Titanium
Titanium

Tried one on wednesday, 1st chance I had had, but as we were in 40m over anchorite at the time, it just wasn't able to get down deep enough. However, I shall persist! :-) Really I want ot get into a good work-up, that will be the true test, using it where fishing is on, and the fish are very active.