off to Fiji may 2012

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off to Fiji may 2012
    Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 4:15pm
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi we are off to Fiji in may of next year for a family Holiday, hoping to get a fishing trip in wile we are there any info on charter boats would be great
we are staying in denerau island
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ocean Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 1:02pm
Ocean Blue View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Sapper, 

I get asked this question a lot, Denarau is the main hotel, marina complex and launch place for all boats out of Nadi. It gets fished a lot. There are much better places such as Ono island or even the Coral Coast if you want to fish seriously.  

Cheers David
Fishing Vanuatu - Trees & Fishes Anglers Lodge | Vanuatu Mothership Adventures | New Caledonia | Malaysia
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:02pm
NZ Critter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yo Sapper
my mate & I are planning to take our wives for a holiday in May
(excuse to get over there 4 a fish)
when you goin?
would be keen to share a charter

"AOTEALURES" Hand Crafted In NZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:39am
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

18-29 may good idea to share a charter means we will probley get a better trip for our money we will have 3 going my brother my dad and me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 6:14pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

take a SP/popper rod and try land based either end of the rock wall breakwater leading into Denerau harbour. At each end there are back eddys depending on which way the tide is running and No1 son has caught small gt 3-5kg, raised spanish mackeral on popper, numerous mangrove jack even got spooled on his SW fly rod. I fished from a boat here with a popper and raised a big oogly that I didn't see but boy did it go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 10:02pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

CryUnfortunately Joker that area hasn't produced on my last 2 trips. The locals are fishing it with netsAngry. That said it is probably more productive than most of the charters out of there. Going north is probably the best bet, although we have had some good trips out from the Shangrila on the Coral Coast, but I suspect that you will be a few weeks too early for the good YFT runs. Next time I go back I'll still try those rocks though.Smile   
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinstar-NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm
marlinstar-NZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi tightlines, i am going to stay there in june. do you know what the fishing is like off the rocks around there? i was planning on taking a spinning rod & some small poppers. also if you have any reccomendations for charters around the coral coast area would be much appreciated. cheers
Tomahawk Lures-tradition for the future
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 5:47pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by marlinstar-NZ marlinstar-NZ wrote:

hi tightlines, i am going to stay there in june. do you know what the fishing is like off the rocks around there? i was planning on taking a spinning rod & some small poppers. also if you have any reccomendations for charters around the coral coast area would be much appreciated. cheers

PM me your phone number and I'll share my 5 cents worth 
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinstar-NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 10:20am
marlinstar-NZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cheers Greg. pm sent
Tomahawk Lures-tradition for the future
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:56am
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

contact Sonasali Island resort and find out if they still run the boston whaler for morning fishing I used it often when living there it was about 400 for a half day for the boat less if there is other's on it.

Leaves at 5-30 am so you have to be up early http://www.sonaisali.com/

I had some good luck with them and caught some nice fin

We where about 8 miles straight off the main entrance to the island and on the next trip I caught a bigger one that broke the reel seat away from the reel  
TLD's after lots of time on the water brake down