Thoughts on Fiji

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bop strayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on Fiji
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:09am
bop strayliner View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Guy's.
I'm off to Fiji in a couple of weeks to Plantation Island.
After searching the net it looks like I should go out with the guys next door at Musket Cove.
I am planning on taking some gear with me, would love to hook up a GT.
Any thoughts on what kind of lures I should take as I may do some fishing of the jetty or rocks!
Cheers Brownie.
Just one more cast!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:38am
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did a trip out of there last winter. Was basically a drive around what looked to be a well worn circuit, there was a groove in the water from past trips. They had a plan, their gear, about 5 anglers so you were on for about 45 mins. A small yellow fin came out of a patch of bait fish. It was nice to have a look around, some of the reef washes looked interesting, but we paralleled some distance off. Departed on the minute, arrived back on the minute.

If there was a few of you with a plan they might do something to order, I'd ask before I got there.

At the same time a bloke from the time shares at Musket Cove, casting poppers off the rocks over a few mornings, had hooked 3 or 4 GT's. Nothing big, but sounded like fun.

Important to note, you could buy beer wholesale from the bar at Musket Cove at about the same price as the mainland shops at the ferry terminal.

Good luck, FT
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:48am
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

PM sent bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bop strayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:53am
Gold
Gold

Cheers FT,
Great info, will check out goggle earth to find the rocks around the island.
Oh yeah the beer thing sounds good too
Ta Brownie
Just one more cast!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ocean Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 4:03pm
Ocean Blue View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have stayed at Musket Cove @ fished the Manamucas and Yasawas a little bit, beautiful places, great people, stunning islands and things to do for the missus. There are no doubt better areas in Fiji for fishing and charter options but I'm sure casting some small Halco Roosta's should turn something up. I think Musket Cove yacht club is now a marine sanctuary, but if not it would be ok for soft baits at dawn.

A little off the radar is Ono island just off Kadavu in the south, great anglers lodge & fishing trip.

Fishing Vanuatu - Trees & Fishes Anglers Lodge | Vanuatu Mothership Adventures | New Caledonia | Malaysia
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bop strayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 7:22pm
Gold
Gold

Thanks for your info OB!   
Just one more cast!!!