Who's been tying?

Page  <1 121122123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:19am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

You're using a lot of UV resin there Will! ๐Ÿ˜

Here's my latest snapper flies. Experimenting lately with lumo tube at the front of the hook. Small snapper absolutely love lumo green, so now I'm trying lumo red. It works very well just as light is fading. I'm not really into fishing in total darkness.

The attractiveness of these lumo flies to small snapper may be a problem. Still experimenting at this stage.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 8:23pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha yeah I bought a $100 bottle of it. Nice flys m8.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 10:36am
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Pole Dancer Pole Dancer wrote:

This fly is very effective on Krill feeding fish. It is a fly shown to me by Craig Worthington. We caught some bloody good fish on it and still do....

Very simple and a great starter fly. I use pink thread, you could use white, but I think Pink looks nicerWink
In this case I am using a Gamakatsu Siwash #8

Take a pink Ostrich plume and select the amount you want for the tail and tie it in... again... same length as the shank...

Tie in a piece of clear lava lace and a piece of copper wire... the larva lace is optional but does make a more durable fly...

Wind the larva lace forward to form the body

and then rib it with the copper wire...

Tie in a bunch of marabou (Include the stem for floatation as Craig suggests). The wing should extend to about half way down the tail for best action.
Whip finish, cement and enjoy...

Nice simple fly that can produce sensational results when conventional anglers are struggling for solutions....

Found this post in another tying thread when looking for Krill fly patterns on google images, after seeing Dick Marquand with a nice harbour trevally on a krill imitation. 

My take on the above fly. Much the same except pink marabou for the "tail" and some pink stuff with a bit of flash that I got from spotlight for the wing. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:33am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yep, Mr Marquand's krill flies have got everyone thinking and tying

I'm not convinced that fish see any of these flies as krill, but possibly they like the colour.

I tied up some fluffier marabou versions in hot orange yesterday and caught a parore! I didn't catch a trevally and didn't even get a touch from the usually abundant baby snapper. The parore capture was interesting though. Let us know if the pink fly works kingaling
Page  <1 121122123