Livebait session this week

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Livebait session this week
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:26pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heading out to whangaparoa thurday for a Livebait mission at chinamens ledge if anyones keen feel free to come along.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davetherave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:56pm
davetherave View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where abouts is Chinaman's ledge? Might have my new TLD 30 set up by then so could be keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

gulf harbour- whangaparoa going to burley up a storm should hopefully snag a fish, Ill be livebaiting the tld25 and slidebaiting just hoping the weather holds
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:28pm
DeeFisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tried to go there a month or so ago to throw some poppers round. The entrance had been taped off. On further inspection, the path going down had been bulldozed back to clay for what looks like making an already thrashed spot, have even easier access Thumbs Down Anyhow, wasn't able to get to the ledge without sliding everywhere on the clay (Jamie was the guinea pig LOL.) There is another way down but a bit of bush wacking is involved.
       Fishing.. It's in my blood.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yep Mum told me there was tape up I presumed it may have got wet and slipped abit damn, I'm keen to put a few liveys out for a change from snapper etc, I sure its pretty accessible from the golf course without to much trouble failing that no to sure were to try thatll be nice and sheltered
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:03am
Titanium
Titanium

1st spot in mind

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:20am
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ALso : I am jealous that I dont live in AK sometimes
Welly can be fun, But the grass being greener also applies to fishing it seems
"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:39am
Titanium
Titanium

More the merrier I say more people equallys more berley hahaha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:12pm
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what time you thinking
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote memnoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 6:54pm
memnoch View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Im heading that way on saturday or sunday to give it a go

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 11:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

heading out 3am see what happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 2:14pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

dare I ask why it's called 'chinamen's ledge'?

just noticed the map post has been deleted. LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 2:17pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Aaron32987 Aaron32987 wrote:

Because it is popular with anglers of the oriental persuasion.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SeaI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:15pm
SeaI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

KOF lucked out or is still sleeping off the 3am start...

Kei uta ngā ika
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yep lucked out just a few pannies
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

Map post was deleted because it was another spot I was thinking of and a few of the boys advised it was a good spot and best I kept it on the down low. no hookups but saw three very nice size kingys but the snapper were out to play bit of a goldfish fiesta though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SeaI SeaI wrote:

KOF lucked out or is still sleeping off the 3am start...

Haha got back 2 hours ago it was a very cool fish, nothing great caught but it was constant heaps of goldfish but kept me entertained saw some nice kingfish and it was impossible to get a livie no piper or yellowtail just sweep

Caught a fish unknown to me, can't locate in the NZ fish Identification charts so when I suss my camera I will upload
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 9:18pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Used to be known as the Pony Club ledge as it was behind the pony club. Pony Club then ceased to be there and it was called the old pony club ledge. As the housing developed in the area it started getting fished alot by our friends from the east and I and the lads then started calling it Chinamens and it just stuck. LOL
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sticks for bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:38pm
sticks for bait View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Did you get a photo of the fish that you couldn't identify?