The Auckland Rock Fishing Guide

Page  <1 456
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barra10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:42pm
Barra10 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

SB can work along there but for the young ones bait is probably more likely to see some success.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaundtsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:08am
shaundtsl View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks guys, going to try and get out this weekend and give it a go!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muffinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:53am
Muffinz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Does anyone know what the fishing is like on Devonport Wharf?
Father in law is coming to stay for a few days and would like to take him fishing from a wharf in Auckland (prefer Nth shore / East Coast)

I used to fish at Murrays bay wharf when I was younger, but too many people jump off the wharf now days

any advice would be good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:09am
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Victoria Wharf gets busy, you have to get there early if you want a good spot at the western end.

Torpedo Wharf is better though there will be kids jumping from it in summer.  Fish the western end (casting back to the city) or the eastern end and cast diagonally out.  Best fished in the evening toward dusk on the couple of hours either side of high tide.  Lots of little snapper with a chance of a keeper, also keep an eye out for kings in the wharf piles.
I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RottweilerluvNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:36pm
RottweilerluvNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wade river is cool, even better still if you walk around a little bit on the incoming tide (you get wet) plenty of snaps in there on the right day.  Otherwise the wharf does pull some good fish especially at night or first light on the incoming.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:11pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

never seen a legal snapper of the wade been there heaps for bait fish
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:37pm
brdas View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Where could you go around auckland I’m based in east auckland?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TrophyHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:34am
TrophyHunter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just got back into the fishing, have been trying a lot spots around Whangaparaoa without much luck...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I haven't fished there for many years - maybe 20 or more but i'd be surprised if a little perseverance around the top end didn't pay dividends. Off the rocks where there is deepish water nearby, especially low light should produce something. this time of year I'd see big squid, trevally, blue mackerel, snapper and kingfish. Berley, no weight, light seas and early mornings. You will find a way
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:43am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Would definately recommend shore fishing around whangaparaoa at the moment. The fish ARE there!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pricey90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 9:41pm
pricey90 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey when was the last time anyone went to the “pony club”? Really wanna get down there sounds like a good spot to try out just wondered if access was still ok?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 8:22am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by pricey90 pricey90 wrote:

Hey when was the last time anyone went to the “pony club”? Really wanna get down there sounds like a good spot to try out just wondered if access was still ok?

Havent heard of that place for a long time but imagine it still gets fished hard and I dont think access would have changed as the walkway down to the cliff top area was pretty permanent. 
LedgeNZ LBG
Page  <1 456