Hard Fishin�!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Fishin�!
    Posted: 06 Aug 2002 at 7:36am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We spent most of Friday (sloppy 1.5-2m swell, 15-25 knt Sou' Easterly) stooging around the deep water (50ms) pins/bricks out from the B.o.I's to Takou Bay for very little return...landed and released a few legal snaps and a couple of blue cod for our troubles! Around 4pm the call was made to head into the coast for a straylinning and burley misson! We encounted slow but consistent catches of 35cm Reds till the change of light/bite time and away she went!...Every bait for about 45mins was unmercifully munched by hungry fish....best would have been in around the 10lb mark..lost a few very powerfull fishees thou!!......we released all but three 4lb pannies for a feed!

Saturday (confussed 2m swell, 20knt Nor-Easterly), we decided to have a "quick" fish out by the shallows around the Whangaroa Harbour entrance (Frenchmen/ Mahinapua)...once again not red-hot, but fairly consistant...heaps of kahawai, trevally and a few nice snapper to around 10lbs! Back at the Marlin Blue Hotel for a few quities at 4pm...nice!!

To sumarise...Heaps of burley in the shallows coupled with a bit of current was the only technique that produced the goods for "Spanners" (Matty from Primetime) and myself...all in all a good weekend out on the briny!

PS..DalBoy...sorry bout the no-show at the swordy club....got back to Waitangi at 10:30pm Friday night, drenched, hungry and tierd with the "officers of Home affairs" wondering what had happened to us!...

PSS....grrrrrr...All Blacks!
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joseph Lau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2002 at 10:34am
Joseph Lau View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Kerren, getting drenched and hungry and tired is all part of the fun. I would give anything to be able to just go hard out fishing for two days though. 

Sad to see Cullen subbed off in the last few minutes...if only I were the coach....

Joseph

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2002 at 1:58pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kerren!

Glad to hear you got into a few. Planning to go up to Kerikeri landbased ASAP and would be grateful for any pointers re. possies and access to them if at all possible as I don't know the area at all. Also are there many sheltered spots around up there if it's blowing a bit as I plan to nightfish?

Cheers  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2002 at 6:54pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JW...

I think the best bet would be to catch-up for a brew and look at a couple of Northland maps....let me know what you think of that idea!...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2002 at 8:25am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some snaps of some snaps from the weekend just been!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2002 at 4:26pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any idea involving beer is good one! Let em know when's a convenient time for you.

Cheers :0)