tauranga fishing

Page  <1 411412413
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote GregS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 5:26am
GregS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I got a decent Porae at the east end of Motiti, it was all lit up blue, I get one of these every 2 or 3 years,cool fish.
I had enough snapper so sent him back
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GregS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 5:29am
GregS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There was clouds of anchovies I think in 6m along the beach by the cut, was trying to get livebaits but no kahawai around
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 8:41am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice day on the harbour yesterday morning
Couple a nice snaps in top condition
Feeding hard on crabs and shrimps
Got the biggest mackerel I have ever seen
38cm
Plenty of bait now huh
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 8:25pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a quick fish on Sunday, mainly to give the boat a run. It was a lot flatter than I thought it would be although the wind was starting to pick up by the time I came back in around 9:30. There were a couple of small workups close into Rabbit but no luck there. Three snapper (about a 1km out from Rabbit). A NIWA representative was asking people to record any fish caught (the study was about barotrauma on snapper) and handed out recording sheets and measure-mats and told me to place the results in a box on my return. There was nowhere to put the used mat though, so I think I was allowed to keep it. That was a bonus as I was about to replace mine.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:29am
Silver
Silver

Hi all
Nice day on the harbour Sunday
Still some good nick snaps around
Cooler starts to the day though
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 7:48pm
Rancher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got 5 snapper and 3 trevally on last hour before low tide in 6m in middle of day today.

Sunny(hot!) but so calm so was nice sitting up in the upper harbour area.

Between two of us got sharked? 3 times on the leader on dead baits. Otherwise they were quick to jump on our hooked fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:57pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon Rancher. I went out early in the day a bit to the east of two mile. The sea was lumpy, the sky was grey and after 20 minutes I thought what the hell am I out here for. So I went home and mowed the lawns. The only fish I caught was a dead puffer fish floating on the surface. I pulled it in just to take a photo for work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:59pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GregS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:15am
GregS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All,
I fished the entrance on Saturday afternoon and things were tuff, managed 1 snapper then got soaked by rain. To top it off I got told off by the harbourmaster, she wanted me out of the channel as a ship was coming in even though I was drifting the side of the channel with my motor idling out of gear. 
I should of done as I was told instead of debating things.
The weather looks average for Easter at the moment, hope it improves 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:53am
Silver
Silver

Went out Sunday morning
Bit of action stilll
Snap full of tiny mussels
Weird
Same spot
One day crabs only
Next day mussels only
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GregS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:39pm
GregS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The one snapper I caught was pooing mussel shell as well CN
Page  <1 411412413