Soft Bait Fishing 'How To' Articles

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wahoo Woman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft Bait Fishing 'How To' Articles
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:36pm
Wahoo Woman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We now have a lot of articles loaded in our 'How To' Section on fishing.net.nz around soft bait fishing.

You can check these out by clicking on the links below.

We welcome feedback on how you find this area of fishing.net.nz Smile

Gear Selection and getting started by John Eichelsheim 
Techniques, tips and tricks by John Eichelsheim
Softbaits from Kayaks by Rob Fort
Fishing and working softbaits by John Eichelsheim
Using overhead reels for softbaits  by John Eichelsheim
Fishing the wash with softbaits  by John Eichelsheim
Softbait FAQ's by Damian Clayton
Softbait Fishing - tips tricks with soft baits by Grenville Malcon
Softbaits in deeper water  by John Eichelsheim
Braided Line for sofbaiting  by Mark Kitteridge
Selecting and tying traces for softbaiting by Mark Kitteridge
Choosing and fitting softbait tails by Mark Kitteridge
Softbait techniques - Fishing the drop (1)  by Mark Kitteridge
Softbait techniques - Fishing the drop (2)  by Mark Kitteridge
Softbait techniques - jigs vs wormhooks  by Damian Clayton
Softbaits from the shore  by Gary Kemsley
Softbaits from the shore (Pt 2)  by Gary Kemsley
Softbaiting for big snapper by Phil Alder
Bozo soft plastic lures
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:52pm
Monty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Are you part of the website team WW, nice one.

I had a gander at some of the links & think it will be great for newbies needing vital info. Excellent layout above to Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:06pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top info there Leanne well doneClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 8:15am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks a lot - just what i am after!

Cheers

Brian
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ChrisToufu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:50pm
ChrisToufu View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey all
None of these links are working... they all send me to the Maori Calendar.

I would hate to have to ask questions that were already answered in there... 
Is there anyone who could fix it?

EDIT: Search fixed it
Found a page that has all these links working, if anyone is looking in the future:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 12:51pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Thanks Chris - there's a few posts that have the links for the old site that was completely updated in March. All the Google redirects were sorted but thanks for letting us know on this one. I've removed the old links and just left that summary page in the first post.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote david236 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:43pm
david236 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wow! Great job. I think, it will helpful for newbie and also pro. Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ferhana432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 5:47pm
ferhana432 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sure! Here are a few 'how-to' articles on soft bait fishing that you might find helpful: "Getting Started with Soft Bait Fishing: A Beginner's Guide"
[Edit Grunta: the following is a spam post courtesy of Chat GPT)
This article provides an overview of soft bait fishing, including the different types of soft baits available and the basic equipment you'll need. It also offers tips on selecting the right soft bait for different fishing conditions and techniques.
"Choosing the Right Soft Bait: A Comprehensive Guide" In this article, you'll learn about the various types of soft baits, such as worms, grubs, and creature baits, and their specific applications. It covers factors to consider when choosing soft baits, such as color, size, and action, and provides recommendations for different fishing situations.
"Rigging Soft Baits: Techniques for Maximum Effectiveness" This article focuses on the different rigging techniques for soft baits, including Texas rigging, Carolina rigging, and drop shot rigging. It explains each method in detail, with step-by-step instructions and accompanying illustrations to help you understand how to rig your soft baits effectively.
"Techniques for Working Soft Baits: Enhancing the Lifelike Action" Here, you'll discover various techniques for imparting a lifelike action to your soft baits to attract fish. It covers techniques such as twitching, hopping, dragging, and swimming, and explains when and how to use each method to mimic the natural movements of prey and entice strikes.
"Soft Bait Fishing Tips and Tricks: Expert Advice for Success" This article offers a collection of tips and tricks from seasoned anglers to help you improve your soft bait fishing skills. It includes advice on presentation, location selection, reading the water, and adjusting your approach based on fish behavior, weather conditions, and other factors. Remember, soft bait fishing can vary depending on the target species and fishing environment so always adapt these techniques to suit your specific circumstances. Happy fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 6:44pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hey thanks for the AI post ferhana! I really appreciate your input. Pity you can't respond because you're not a real person but keep it up buddy. I hope your Chat GPT thingy works out well for you.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:06pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Don't ya just love technology .. the future looks shyte .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:17pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

She’s after your job smudge
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by lawabidingpoacher lawabidingpoacher wrote:

Don't ya just love technology .. the future looks shyte .
Ahhh it's hard to go past human interaction. Mind you the AI version of a Pneumatic Priscilla sounds tempting Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

She’s after your job smudge
'She'?  Pretty sure AI is gender neutral. If I ever get to that stage 'she' is welcome to my job Big smile