Penn 850SS Spinfisher

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Penn 850SS Spinfisher
    Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 11:14am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steve I have broken my old faithful warrior, do you still have parts for this model?

It is the USA model about 20yrs old...

If so I will PM you what bits I need thanks.Thumbs Up
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Aloha Alan

Yes I have some parts, but as they are obsolete model now there are some parts not available, let me know what you need, some of the 850SSM parts are interchangable, so hopefully we can sort this out for you. Cheers Steve PS the 20deg Blue water is only 500mls north of us nowWink
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 6:16pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just to inform those with 850SS' they are now obsolete, parts are slim on the ground in NZ and it is unknown what is available in USA at this time.

This model has been superseded by 850SSm I think, which is made in China, some bits I dare say might be compatable.

Thanks for trying and going the extra mile as always SwordfishSteve.Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swfkingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:29pm
swfkingi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, would this apply to the 950SS?

I have both 850 & 950 (newer models) , and do what you recomend, packing all bearings and gearbox with light marine grease, but at some stage the drags will wear.

Can the drags of similar size / material from any other model be fitted?

I have some (real) cork mats, could I make washers from these?

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:00am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi SWFKINGI
All the older models made in USA are obsolete now, sorry to say as they were very good, the newer SSM models are normally ok as long as they are serviced regulary, best o pack bearings and gears with Inox MX8 grease or simlar as soon as you can, drag washers don't give problems unless salt is allowed to dry on them or submerged in water, parts for the new SSM models are available, so all good. I do not suggest using cork as it expands when wet giving more problems, best to stick to original drag washers or better still use Carbontex washers when they need replacing. cheers Steve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:01am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Catchalot,
I am back now from Hawaii so send your reels to me for a tune up anytime !!
Steve