TLD25 Drag

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TLD25 Drag
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 9:34pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

TLD25s is there anything you can do to improve it. I have seen your work you blueprinted my bosses 50w 2 speed  and i was impressed.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 6:55am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Screaming reels,
The TLD25 reel can be improved by carbontex fibre washers and heavier pre load washers, which increases availabe drag pressure but it has limitations, may be better to spend your $$ in a jigging reel or bottom hauling reel designed for the job, or similar for your application, cheers Steve, ps Thanks for your kind words
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:37pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Steve, would the carbontex drags increase the amount drag I could get out of my TLD or is primarily to make the drags smoother?

cheers
B

I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:21pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi B It would do both, increase drag pressure and make it smooth providing the pressure plate is smooth. Steve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Domdomingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:43pm
Domdomingo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Steve,
Any idea how much to do the upgrades to a TLD25?
Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:48pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Domdomingo
To upgrade drag including service would be approx $75, plus any parts required, steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Busted! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 11:13pm
Busted! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Only problem with TLD25 upgrades is the limitations with the frame.  Gee, these new drags are great, I just need a little more...  CRACK!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the eastern ones aren't as good as the Japanese versions.  Don't know if it still stands true or not.