Lowrance HDS Reports "not valid for area"

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dolphingold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:07am
dolphingold View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

you connected the yellow wire that is in the wiring to the + red and - black?, yellow is the remote turn on, like that used in radio antenna to electricity for lighting or audio amplifier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MiraMMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:45am
MiraMMM View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I installed the 2.5 update, too..  and it works fine Clap..  But after I have lost the STRUKTURE menu v PAGES. And my LSS-1 Structure scan Sonar Imaging is not working.. Ouch

I need more info for that..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MiraMMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:22am
MiraMMM View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I connected the yellow wire..  I connected all rights.. All is working with software 3.5 or 4.0, but with GeoFencing.
When I have use 2.5 software (exactly 2.5.31.56), it is working fine, no GeoFence.. but I have lost the part of menu for StructureScan imaging transducer, and I can use only classic 83/200 transducer.
If I update 3.5 or 4.0 software, all is again working perfect..  until I will got GPS position and GeoFencing.
Have you LSS-1 StuctureScan transducer? Is it working with software 2.5?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote dolphingold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 5:04pm
dolphingold View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

in terms of absurdity by Lowrance Navico is the latest written by Italy as a response to the complaints of many customers, on a forum (gomSpero di non spegnere gli entusiasmi, ma lo sblocco software di un hds comperato negli Usa dopo un eventuale aggiornamento alla versione 3.5 ed alla 4.0 appena uscita è il seguente:

HDS-10 euro 750,00 + iva
HDS-8 euro 650,00 + iva
HDS-7 euro 550,00 + iva
HDS-5 euro 250,00 + iva

solo per vostra informazione leggete qui: http://www.navico-liguria.com/contents/it/p773.html

ciao
Rodolfomonauti.it) Italian, at least I'm doing good laugh!
I'm sorry, I could not even tell you why I did not structur scan, the menus and functions change in the update update, changed the menu with some features not working at all or structur?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jsmehla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 5:45am
jsmehla View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello,
I am from Czech Republic so please excuse my English.

I have exactly the same problem as you. After purchasing HDS7 the U.S., I dropped itand just found the GPS signal and the message appears "not valid for area.

After reading this thread I have uploaded the software HDS_253156b and echo sounder began to work but I still have an on-screen menu that is about to file HDS8higher order, 10 of which still have under display pushbuttons.

You somehow managed to further resolve this problem and run the echo sounder withthe newer software 3.5 or 4.0, so that did not appear the message "not valid for area"??

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice that might help.

Sincerely H.Šmehlík
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Haydan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:34am
Haydan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Contact Lowrance, apparently you can pay US$300 and fix your unit.

Alternatively - If you bought from Ebay return it for a refund and source an international version from UK, China or Singapore
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zebbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 8:19am
Zebbyz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Did you solve this one ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote manzaneitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:39am
manzaneitor View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by dolphingold dolphingold wrote:

Hi all,
I write from Italy,
iforum day tour of the world for the same problem geofencing, although a few weeks ago I found the solution, you have to upgrade the tools in version 2.5 and the block geofencing disappears, I write because I can not find the correct policy Lowrance are using, if you have trouble finding x upgrade you copy and paste the link ftp://download.lowrance.com/HDS/HDS_253156b.exe - ftp://download.lowrance.com/HDS/HDS_253156b.exe, I hope to be helpful

Pongase en contacto conmigo por favor [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HDS7Lowrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 8:40pm
HDS7Lowrance View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,

Can anyone please send me via wetransfer the hds software version 2.5. I also have geofence problem "not valid for area". Many many thanks. Marco
Page  <1 345