recomend a mincer?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _Jimmy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recomend a mincer?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:04am
_Jimmy_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looking at buying a mincer.  it needs to be pretty grunty.

does anyone here have one that they would recomend?
would need to be able to deal with 10kgish of meat at a go, i don't really mind how long it takes (to some extent)  but i would guess it would need to be a comercial model..... ????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamesdaulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm
jamesdaulton View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm also looking at the moment so will be interested in the results / feedback.

One thing I have picked up is that if you are doing any quantity the mincer absolutely must have reverse (to unblock the works). Even some of the lower spec commercial ones I've seen dont - aparently you can waste a lot of time unblocking which would be frustrating I imagine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:40pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey mate,

I make a fair bit of boerewors at a go - usually around the 25kg mark at a lash.
I gave my wife a Kenwood mixer as a gift (yeah romantic deep down....now stay in the kitchenClown)
years ago and I use the mincer attachment on this. It is grunty enough to mince up the meat in a coarse grind and just put the attachment for the sausage stuffer.

Works nicely and never had a problem.
You are right in the blocking up though - drives you fekking nuts at times.
This model does not have the reverser......don't know you get one with that function.

Hopefully this might be a bit of help.

I'd be inclined to ask at the butchers what they use.
They do truckloads of the stuff.

Good luck mate.

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:42pm
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

there are some on t/me that go for around $160-170.  We bought one for venison and it crapped out first time we used it.

Had nylon gears and they stripped under the load.

Was a Middle Eastern brand and according to the sellers feedback, a common problem.

Get one with brass/metal gearing. We use an old Kenwood mixer now with a mincer attachment, no problems.
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Jimmy - 

They don't seem to have them listed on their site at the moment - but use the contact details at the below addy and see what they have at the moment - 

I have one of their mincers/grinders and they are mean as.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:54pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What you gonna mince with it Jimmy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _Jimmy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:05pm
_Jimmy_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

fish, prawns, beef, deerz, pigz,  your face?