Fishing with the Squid Kings

Page  <1 345
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bryan  CH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:43pm
Bryan CH View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out Eging last Monday...result is good

The Fukushima purple color works really well that night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the_miksta1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:52pm
the_miksta1972 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Howdy

I went for a squid fish today, at the back of ther Mount, middle of day, pink jig, 1 hour before high tide. I got 5 nice squid in 20 mins then left, all good size, 25-35 hoods.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Miles.R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 3:16am
Miles.R View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Let me know when you catch one that strips ya line out hey!
miles rushmer guiding...

TROPHY TROUT l SALTWATER l SHOOTING

BAY OF PLENTY, NEW ZEALND
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 7:53am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whats the eating quality like for those big squids in the top photos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gulfguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 6:51pm
gulfguru View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KangKang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 12:20pm
KangKang View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mind giving me a call the next time you guys go out? Keen as hell at night after work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BBFisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 8:14am
BBFisha View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

One year without a post in this sticky thread.  Not many people getting in to the squidding anymore?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gonebush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 4:29pm
gonebush View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just a couple of questions can you catsh them all year round? and do you get them in the Manukau? thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:31pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think the fact that you have to buy a 2k set up to catch these monster fighting fish has put people off squiding, or wait...edging, eding...what ever it was called.

All year round, but far better during beginning of winter ( I think). 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 420reload Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 5:21pm
420reload View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

soft bait or spratt rods work very well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm
Hackers View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How do you prepare them for eating?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote climbaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:27pm
climbaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Hackers Hackers wrote:

How do you prepare them for eating?

Kingi bait! Big smile
"she says..i need different shoes for different outfits...I'm appling said rule to fishing apparatus....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roland56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:20pm
Roland56 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello keen squid fisherman

I am Swiss and tour NZ from November to April, your summertime. At the moment I am in Turkey and no squids around anywhere. But I see that in NZ you are really lucky these months.

I am back in NZ for 6 weeks in November! Sorry, yes, November only. But I would be very glad to go for squid then if there is still a chance from the shore.

I have a motorhome and head from Tauranga north to the bay of islands. So I pass Auckland and it seems it is there where most of the squid are caught. I had no luck at the Mount Manganui last April.

Can you help me in any way giving me some ideas on where to go for squid. Where ever I asked around Tauranga or later on the South Island during February to March  there was hardly anyone who knew anything about squidfishing. But I just love it.

Kind regards and many thanks

Roland

Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is much more important.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roland56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 2:10am
Roland56 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How to prepare the squid

The worst is to cook them too long. Then they get chewy. The best is: let you invite by a Thai lady in the neigbourhood. I have never had more tasty or more tender squid than in Thailand.
And then look over her shoulders!

And well, you need the Thai spices as well: Oyster sauce, mountian sauce, fresh koreander, Ros Dee mix....

... or have dinner with us. I have a Thai lady on board and her squid is really nice. We just have to have fresh cought squid first.

Send me a mail to [email protected] and maybe there is a chance after we are in NZ again after November 4th 2017 to May 1st 2018 somewhere. Unfortunately it is in summer and that is not the best squid season.

That is a spicy squid salad.

Cheers Roland

PS: And the lady does not only prepare the fish in a delicious way. But she is also a very keen and successful fisherlady and very funny too. So she put her bikini on since she promised she would do so if she catches a trout over 10 pound. And she did in Twizel!

Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is much more important.
Page  <1 345