Canterbury Spearos Thread...

Page  <1 363364365
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lukek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:34pm
Lukek View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Barx

you lot still meeting on Tuesday nights?

i've moved down to chch for winter, keen to keep the breath hold progressing.

cheers - Luke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:02pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Lukek Lukek wrote:

Hi Barx

you lot still meeting on Tuesday nights?

i've moved down to chch for winter, keen to keep the breath hold progressing.

cheers - Luke

Barx is still going strong.  They've formed a more "official" club and run safety inductions etc. now (to make sure they maintain access to pool space).

Don't think he's on here much lately but have a look for NZ Spearo Community on FB.  (or let me know and I can connect you with him)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 9:37pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep, training is every Tuesday night from 745pm at Graham Condon pool. All welcome. We do a range of lung expansion exercises, plus in pool training for breathhold, technique, fitness, aerobic, and safety. every weeks different so you'll get lots of good experiences that will make you more effective and safer when in the salt.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lukek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:11pm
Lukek View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

awesome thanks Barx

i will be in tonight

cheers - Luke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NickWalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:13pm
NickWalton View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey all,

I have been pulling together some gear for diving and finally have a good full set up. I'm planning on coming to dive trainings from next week to meet a few other local spearo's. If anyone is looking for a dive buddy or a tag along on a trip for some pertol money I'd gladly come.My girlfriend also likes bottom fishing, so if that's a possibility she's happy to petrol money in too. I'm not overly experienced, but there's only one way to fix that. I'm free most weekends. Look forward to meeting you all at some point.

Thanks, Nick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spearomaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:57am
spearomaniac View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've never been in  New zealand but I'd love to visit it and try spearfishing there 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AussieMate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:21pm
AussieMate View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Spearos! I'm in Chch currently visiting and really keen to get in the water and add some fresh food to the Christmas lunch.

Im thinking of heading up to Kaikoura early tomorrow (20th) and would love to jump in with someone who knows the area. Either that or around Akoroa if the conditions are suitable (?)

Please drop me a message if youre planning to jump in, I'm keen to get involved and have my gear with me.

Thanks!
Matt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lewkrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:58am
lewkrr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello everyone!  New to the board, and just started spearing up in my homeland (the U.S.).  I'm a member of the OC Spearos.  

I have family in Governors Bay near Lyttelton, and I'll be visiting this upcoming Christmas 2019.  

Anyone here open to adding a visitor to a spearfishing/cray-dive outing?  If so, what is the proper NZ etiquette for arranging a meet-up?

I'd prefer shore diving, but boat is fine by me as well, and I'll happily offer up a portion of my catch as a gesture of gratitude to anyone that will allow me to join.  I'm even willing to camp! 🏕

Looking forward to hearing back and hopefully getting to know a few of you.

- Luke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spearfisher916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 12:57pm
spearfisher916 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bringing this thread back to the top. It's been a long while but facebook sucks and maybe a few will follow back here.

Page  <1 363364365