Stolen Tinny

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Tinny
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:53am
Medic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

On Wed 6th Jan 2010 during the night someone stole my 12th Tinny.
Since buying it about 6 months ago I have done a lot of work to it and have only taken it out for water test once.

Since these photos I have cut out the front marked in red and put a large window in.
Also inside there is two sections which I put in flooring.
The motor is a 9.9 Everude and the trailer had new bearings in both wheels.
It had a silver cover on it.

With the flooring and the window it is quite unique.
If anyone has seen this please let me know.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:13am
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Where was it stolen from Medic?

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing, by people who can't fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote biggear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:31am
biggear View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

*******, Hope you catch em and castrate the *****s.
Dont let the grey hair fool you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mitinnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:59am
mitinnie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats no good at all, heres hoping you get it back and the thieving *****s get whats owed them!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:59am
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

soory to hear that medic.hopefully the scum get whats coming to them
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:40am
Medic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It was stolen from out side my home in Dannemora, auckland.
It was Chained to my fence and they used bolt cutters.
“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:37am
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will keep an eye out in my travels,at least its a reasonably distinctive one so should be easy to spot if its around. Maybe put up a few pics and mob number and current description at local and manukau boat ramps? Going through the act of looking at boats and picking one out, then spending a lot of time and effort customising it and looking forward to actually using it, only to have some guy who would make a great anchor steal it,probaly makes all who read this thread Boil.Even if its for the fact that there is people out there knowingly Censored using stolen boats that could be our own boats.

Ive learnt the hard way to not use chain that the links are smaller thickness than my thumb and a $150 Abus lock on my latest boat.If its too much problem to ue boltcutters on, cant imagine any thief next to your house and the neighbours wanting to spend 10 mins making a loud hacksawing noise.Also, i take the wheels off the trailer and put the Locking nuts back on.As well as other stuff, i have one of those small matchbox sized suitcase alarms attached to it so if anyone even lifts the towhitch off the ground the alarm screams at about 110 decibels.i have also had the name Welded on the boat in several palces to make it less desirable as a target.Just knowing how many scum thieves are out there i dont think theres anything such as overkill in keeping any boat safe.Its for this very reason we have a monitored camera on our rural road, wish they were in more places as they sure catch a lot of dodgy activity.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Parrot Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:05am
Parrot Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hope you get it back mate, I know how you feel! I had my Johnson outboard motor stolen from my carport. Scumbags! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:57pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bugger Angry,will keep an eye out up this way hope you get it back Medic
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:47pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

with out being silly was it insured
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamesdaulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:03pm
jamesdaulton View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by GoingHard GoingHard wrote:

Will keep an eye out in my travels,at least its a reasonably distinctive one so should be easy to spot if its around. Maybe put up a few pics and mob number and current description at local and manukau boat ramps? Going through the act of looking at boats and picking one out, then spending a lot of time and effort customising it and looking forward to actually using it, only to have some guy who would make a great anchor steal it,probaly makes all who read this thread Boil.Even if its for the fact that there is people out there knowingly Censored using stolen boats that could be our own boats.

Ive learnt the hard way to not use chain that the links are smaller thickness than my thumb and a $150 Abus lock on my latest boat.If its too much problem to hassle, cant imagine any thief next to your house and the neighbours wanting to spend 10 mins making a loud hacksawing noise.Also, i take the wheels off the trailer and put the Locking nuts back on.As well as other stuff, i have one of those small matchbox sized suitcase alarms attached to it so if anyone even lifts the towhitch off the ground the alarm screams at about 110 decibels.i have also had the name Welded on the boat in several palces to make it less desirable as a target.Just knowing how many scum thieves are out there i dont think theres anything such as overkill in keeping any boat safe.Its for this very reason we have a monitored camera on our rural road, wish they were in more places as they sure catch a lot of dodgy activity.

Wow... that's hard core -  very impressive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:22pm
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if you get it back, you want to sell it? :P sorry to ask but its a nice little tinny, hope you get it back mate
I'll act my age when im 69
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:35pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Buy another nice one with the insurance money.
If it wasn't insured... well, insure the next one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:51pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

use a motorcycle locking chain. i think they are heavy multistrand wire inside a plastic sleeve - bolt cutters wont cut them. i think a hacksaw will do it - but would take several hours sawing.
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:32pm
Medic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by cosmo cosmo wrote:

with out being silly was it insured
Hind sight is a wonderful thing.......

It was something to get done, but only after i had fixed it up, which I had only just doen......

So now about $3k out of pocket.

Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:35pm
Medic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Nomis Nomis wrote:

if you get it back, you want to sell it? :P sorry to ask but its a nice little tinny, hope you get it back mate

Thanks for the offer.

I guess I will just have to Ride my MotorBike in the meen time.

However I did plan to enjoy it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:05am
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

very sorry to hear that medic i just hope someone does spot it for youCryAngry

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Darwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:20pm
Darwin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Jeez Medic that sucks, will be out and about in Auckland waters over the weekend, will keep an eye out. This kinda Censored is exactly why my boat is chained with a motorbike lock and guarded by a hungry German Shepherd. Hope you get it back mate. Keep an eye on trademe.
I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:49pm
Medic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any help is great thanks.
Same My dog is only a Staffy X and slept through the whole thing