Jigging Roadshow

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 7:52am
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

got hand it to the boy he thought about that..wit 9.5/10
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:45pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JTF JTF wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisW ChrisW wrote:

Originally posted by Tongan Terror Tongan Terror wrote:

CHRIS.....HOW CAN YOU BE EXPECTED TO TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE TO WESTERN AUSTRALIA TO AN OIL PLATFORM IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE Wacko

Easy, either bring the oil platform here or never leave in the first place Wink

LOL To the power of a Gazillon
Post edited LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Bloody hell jimi...2 lines took long enuf.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-Of-Synit-Rods/137662896327800
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tongan Terror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 8:27pm
Tongan Terror View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

THATS HOW MUCH A joke HE THINKS YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont get huge get massive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:35pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

guys, as a side note, Chris will be in Kerikeri on Monday the 5th, hope to see you there if your up these ways, I have alot to learn and no one really better to learn from, bring it on I am so looking forward to it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:56pm
marx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep just had another watch of the heavy metal ranfurly DVD and it awesome to see the NZ MJ pioneers in action. Even for guys that don't no squat about jigging or have no interest in jigging you should check these seminars out............... fishing passion at its best Thumbs Up
Science for the mind and Art for the soul.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:08pm
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We've done a couple demo/seminars here in SA at local clubs and Tackle Shops, which have been really well recieved, as jigging in SA is at about the level it was at least 5 years back for you guys in NZ... But through us bringing in the right tackle, and doing demos etc, and guys starting to get into some great fish, its building fast!

Once the guys see what the equipment can do etc in the demos, they really start paying attention.... Then we chuck Heavy Metal at Ranfurly on the big screen once we're done and its just classic to sit back and watch all these guys jaws drop.... Only thing left for us to do is walk around mopping up the drool....

As we call our Kings here in SA just "Yellowtail" you hear these echos through the hall or tackle shop " Did you see the size of that f**kin Yellowtail?" With 50 guys pointing at the screen with wide eyes and repeating with every new fish" Jeeeeesus, look at that thing!!"...

And then Jimi lifts that massive horse half way through and grown men fall over with envy... its pretty hilarious....

These seminars are awesome, even if its just to learn a few knots, polish your technique, chat to similarly intersted jig fishos, and meet a few people who know alot more than you or less than you, everyone learns, and its a good excuse for a few beers and a some good times...

TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:19pm
JTF View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well said Nepps,get along to these talks,you'd be surprised what little gems of knowledge you'll leave with.
And it dont matter how much you think you know,theres always that little tip that you may pick up that might just make you go " Hmmm i might try that"
And speaking of little,i was only asked to go on that trip to make the Kings look big,we couldn't afford a blue screen,so my four foot three figure was used on the big fish shots.
PS the four foot eight PS500 felt like a big game rodLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:24pm
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jimi - I tell all our guys at the demos/seminars that you are all the same height as Shane, so the fish seem even bigger to them!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 7:33am
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's on tonight at Tutukaka, Jigstar/JM bradley and Topcatch. should be a good night and numbers are looking awesome. if your registered dont forget :D also up for grabs as a door prize among other things is a free charter with andrew from Anglers Anonymous.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:48am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks heaps Chris, Top Catch and crew. Very informative seminar.

If I was after a new rod I'd be waiting for those new Jigstars, serious, serious bang and bling for buck. I think these rods are gonna give the jigging market a good shake up. I want one.

And those JM PE6 reels, ohhhh sooo nice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 11:35am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep, top night with information, some great deals and giveaways. Pity for the husband and wife combo that left early and missed on on a new JM250 and a free charter...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 12:27pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yup bummer for that crew turtle. Thanks to all that came, was definately a good night. look forward to our next one. :D
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 9:01pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

just had our one up here fair few punters, I learnt alot, not unusual as I new bugger all about Mechanical Jigging, Chris did some great demos showing how MJ is done, showed us the knots as well, as I say learnt alot, met a few people and chatted with old mates.

thanks Chris most enjoyable night good to finally meet you and a big thumbs up for Hunting and Fishing Kerikeri.

Oh saw some of Kojaks rods, very very nice indeed, well done John
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 10:08pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

do i have to register to go to the one in otahuhu chris?????
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 11:00pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

unsure about pre-registering, just turn up.  I'm sure Top Catch will be happy to see you. 
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 7:23am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sweet cheers dude
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:32am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bloody Wicked evening at Top Catch Otahuhu, free Booze always like thatLOL
Bradley was going hard mmm mmmm chicken & the Yellow Fin tuna smoked beauuutiful...

Wife was going DEAR!! I want a Bradley!! yeah yeah sure my babe..
When you buy me one of those bling jigging combo's LOL 250 or 350 will do.

Great presentations from Bradley & Chris, definately learnt some new things.
Tried to put some serious bends into couply rods but people a bit shyWink

GG & Boulder were thereThumbs Up & a couple of others, always good to see other F.Netters...
Glad I went along, also Chris the manager there excellent mate glad you put it on...

ClapClapClapClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:48am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was a goodie nice meeting u chris and cheers mark for my dinnerThumbs Up
and those new rods to be released dammmnnnn
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote prviet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 8:07pm
prviet View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

When will there be another Jigging Roadshow like this? I wasn't able to attend last time, so I'm very sorry.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Maybe the Auckland Boat Show will have someone there you could ask?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <123