2 das at the nongataha

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terry66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 das at the nongataha
    Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 8:47pm
terry66 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

spent 3 days down rotovegas, sun,mon,tues. day 1 early start 630am and fishing both spinners and fly=globugs with a trailing grey ghost. first taken 2 hours later, nice rainbow good condition and fed 3!! dropped 4 fish and was sight fishing to a group of 8 browns and rainbows when 2 terroragers (not teenagersAngry) fished opposite us and just dropped a fly straight down and caught 2 nice fish. we decided to move upstream and came back 2 hours later to see their fish left on the bank all sunbaked and flyblown, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
no more fish that day.

day 2 early start, dropped 3 fish all small and caught 1 spent hen, very dissapointed!!

day 3 fished from 7am-11am for 1 hit and no hook ups!!
It was very hot down there and the water levels were down, all up very slow fishing and not many fish able to be sighted.I tried numerous flies both dry and wet for the same result.
I think i'll wait until it cools down a bit until i head down there again!
On a good note a lot of work has been done clearing the stream up and its looking good!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mike555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 10:16am
mike555 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work, I am going to have a go on Monday, I am new to that river and generally go in off the end of the straight  piece of road. Is that the general area?,, I will let you know how I go, maybe this rain will help..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terry66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 8:08am
terry66 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey mike, on nongataha road you come to the first bridge park up and either fish downstream from their or you can try upstream. Downstrean you come to an old railroad bridge and directly below that is a nice pool that always seems to hold fish, I usually get hit hit first or second cast!!
Anyway there are lots of really good areas all the way downstream. Lots of people really like the main road bridge area as theres some fast water and early morning seems to produce the goods!! Good luck!!