Best colours when 25m+

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote _macca__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best colours when 25m+
    Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 10:50pm
_macca__ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi

Just wondered whether anyone had noticed any difference between bright colours and natural when in the deeper water.

From what you read its pretty low vis in 30m or more so does that mean the bright or glow colours are the go?

Anyone noticed anything?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 11:10pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i dont much about softbaiting but last time i was fishing the back of the aha's in 36 mtrs i was getting smashed on the new penny 5 inch and they dident really want any thing els and they r a pritty gloomy colour
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 6:28am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My fav's would be something pink or blue with heaps of action. Z man grubs or paddle tails. Strike king finnesse worms
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 8:24am
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Red,Blue and Bright Pink,  in that order would be my picks with good tail action as Phantom says. The Zman SwimmerZ Red Shad(paddletail) is the bait I start with, if that does not work i will go to a 9" GrubZ in blue, then start on the bright pinks and greens. In my opinion colour can make a big difference. On Eagle Magic i often have novice SP anglers onboard which allows me to select the lures for them. Usually there is around 8 anglers lined up down the rail, at the start I rig them with different colours. Usually after the first few fish one particular colour becomes the clear winner. At that point I change everyone to the same colour and everyone starts catching, again there are no clear rules and this does not happen everytime but it does quite often.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barbary B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 9:22am
Barbary B View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought the first colour lost in the spectrum was red - but who knows what the snapper see red as anyway. At 25m + you would not be getting much UV reflection? 

"Look ahead, look astern, look to weather, look to lea
Look down along the coast of High Barbary..."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 11:23am
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Barbary B Barbary B wrote:

I thought the first colour lost in the spectrum was red - but who knows what the snapper see red as anyway. At 25m + you would not be getting much UV reflection? 

Not sure why it keeps me awake at night, wish I knew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 11:33am
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

pink, red green.