Who are we?

Page  <1 323334
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 5:27pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi all ... My name is Jeremy, I'm 33 been fishing since forever. My wife doesn't seem to mind, and the kids like to come out on the boat when we hit the lakes.

Grew up on the banks of the Mataura River playing packhorse for my old man til I was old enough to fling around my own 9 foot fly rod, and that was pretty much how it stayed til a few years ago when he passed away. Caught my first salt water fish when I was 31 when a mate and I decided to hire a boat and brave Foveaux Strait, we bagged a dozen Blue Cod each, and ate like kings for a few days. Bought my first boat not long after that, caught my first lake trout the day after I got the boat.

Have since taken up light gear spin fishing (initially to get my wife into fishing, although that didn't work), I find that as much fun as fly fishing, and I would probably be my main type of action now days mainly due to the non-existent setup time. Generally you will find me on one of the great rivers down here each night, with trips to northern Southland, the lakes, or the strait on the weekends depending on the weather (and gas money).

Basically I'm a fishing tragic that doesn't care for which method I use anymore (sad to say i was a fly fishing elitist for many years) so long as I'm out there doing it in the great outdoors enjoying the scenery and fresh air, especially when I'm out of cell phone coverage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 9:55pm
Grinna View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Heya evyone..........The name's Pete Cool, 57 and retired at the moment due to Traumatic head injuries(bike accident) I've bought a boat again and are learning to fish again as I lost a lot of memory. If I ask a question it's because I cant recall the answer and need a reminder. The more I ask the more I recall.
My lady and I are both keen boaties from years gone by as are my adult kids and grandchildren.
We camp,boat, fish and work.......me when I'm able and I've started a Bait Shop last year with a colleague, to keep me busy so I dont get nuttyer than I am now!
I had 20years in the technical sales and supply in the fibreglass industry and have retained all that knowledge and are happy to assist anyone that requires help and repair advice. I am still involved in the industry and will return as I recover further.
I boat and fish the Hauraki Gulf fom Sandspit to Maraitai predominatly in my 6.5mtr Outboard powered Fi-Glass Viscount "Walu"
I hope we will get to meet for a bottle of fizzy brown tea!.....cheers PeteThumbs Up
Composite Trailerboat inspections
Waitakare
mob.021 618-971
[email protected]
Page  <1 323334