$6 Grand in Kayak Fishing gear !!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $6 Grand in Kayak Fishing gear !!!
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 11:41am
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just heard that the magazine Bayfishers is running a prize thing worth $6K including a new Predator Profish from Viking, VHF unit and a 787 Humminbird (I think) FF together with a heap of other stuff, clothing etc.

Anyone got details on this as I cannot get a recent copy up here in Whangarei-thanks

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 12:17pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yup thats abot the gist.
You have to buy the copy of this months, nexts and then the follow, cut out the pics for the puzzel and answer a ? and send it in.
Don't worry getting a copy tho cause I'm gonna win it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 1:04pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Badfish! Don't you dare win that Humminbird 787 mate please, but you can have the Profish as I have just added a new one to the kayak fleet and Friday we sail for Kai Iwi Lakes-all permittingBig%20smile Dying to try the Profish at harling with the stealthdrive set up and see how she fairs as a photography platform. Thanks for the info mate. I'll try and get a recent issue of the mag.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 1:40pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

WELCOME NEW GUY BADFISH LOL have you been hibernating you big bear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 2:05pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

WELCOME NEW GUY BADFISH LOL have you been hibernating you big bear.

Nah not hibernating, computer diedCry ordered a new one and it was delivered DOA so now waiting on another oneAngry 
Sucks cause I was staring down the barrel of a new sounder (and some more tackle of course) but now that moneys gone into getting the new computer so doubleAngryAngry

Yak fisher, if, I mean when , I win the 787 I'll sell it to ya for a very unreasonable priceWink

Seriously though it's a nice price, not often you can try and win a kit like that.... good on the sponsors/suppliersClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shamus@VK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 2:21pm
Shamus@VK View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Guys,

Here are the competition details and prize list; ENJOY! Thumbs%20Up and good luck,

Prize list;

Viking ProFish Kayak
Humminbird 787 Colour GPS/Fishfinder with Navionics Gold Card 
Nexus NX 1000 Handheld VHF
Shimano Aernos XT 4000 Reel
Shimano Catana 7' 4-8 kg Rod
Shimano Callisto 100 Reel
Shimano Catana 6' 3-6 kg Rod
Magic Marine Long Sleeved "Metalite" Chill Vest
Magic Marine "Metalite" Pants
Magic Marine Hiking Boots
Magic Marine Breathable Spray Top
Magic Marine"Match" Buoyancy Jacket
Scotty Rod Master rod holders x 2
Scotty Small Vessel Safety Kit
Scotty Watertight First Aid Kit
Scotty Sea Light

Fittings and electronics will be fitted by Stephen Tapp at Limitless Ventures.

To Enter;

Either subscribe to the Bay Fisher Magazine   www.bayfisher.co.nz
or purchase the August, September and October issues, cut out of the ProFish, page 4, name the prize pack suppliers in Octobers Issue and send to Bay Fisher Magazine  Clap

This is a huge package and is worth well over $6000

Well worth the $55 dollar subscription me thinks and I aint allowed to enter  Cry

90% of Fish are caught by 10% of the Fisherman, 90% of those Fisherman are Kayakers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 2:48pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My mrs is going to win and not let me use it! - girls are so funny.
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 3:34pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Shamus@VK Shamus@VK wrote:

Well worth the $55 dollar subscription me thinks and I aint allowed to enter  Cry 

Now what could you possibly need another profish for Shamus?

Looking forward to reading more of your articles in The Bay Fisher too. I was stoked to see the new kayaking contribution, I've always liked the mag because its local and now thats it'll have regular kayaking articles (I presume they're going to be regular ones?) I'm certainly going to renew my subs.Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 6:51pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Guys,

Here are the competition details and prize list; ENJOY! Thumbs%20Up and good luck,

Prize list;

Viking ProFish Kayak
Scotty Sea Light

To Enter;

or purchase the August, September and October issues, cut out of the ProFish, page 4, name the prize pack suppliers in Octobers Issue and send to Bay Fisher Magazine  Clap

Hi Shamus
That's one great selection of prizes dedicated to kayak fishing! Is that 1 winner gets the whole lot or is there 2nd 3rd prizes included???? Would be good if the mag guys (and dolls???) did something like a kayak fishing report for all NZ areas and bits and Bobs including freshwater reports (thats gentlemans fishing mate, anyone can catch a snapperWink) Great to have the likes of Limitless and Rainbow doing their stuff in other mags, but a complete section including the above each month would be awesome.
You don't need to enter as you are a lucky git to have so many toys to play with anyway. Some of us really need a Humminbird 787-(Ahhhh, Gush, dream!) but the ultimate is still an auto kayak flat white maker me thinksLOL

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 7:30pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Guys,

Prize list;

Viking ProFish Kayak
Scotty Sea Light

To Enter;

To make it easier to subscribe, can I just ring up the office and give credit card details do you think, as you can't do it onlineCry
Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shamus@VK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 12:50pm
Shamus@VK View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Y,

Yep, just give them a call on 07 570 0003 speak to Kevin or Clare.

I will be writing for them on a regular basis and covering the many angles that effect us as Kayak Anglers, as well as telling a few tall tales etc.

Would love to get some reports and photos from other areas of the country as well.  Thumbs%20Up

Cheers

S
90% of Fish are caught by 10% of the Fisherman, 90% of those Fisherman are Kayakers!