Soft Bait no good in winter?

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:09am
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Good points Jerm... I have worked with Geoff and yes he does like a drink or three but as you say don't we all at times. Tiny has put together an interesting article specifically aimed at targeting Snapper over the winter months for the NZ Fishing World mag I think it will be in the issue after this next one, Plus he and Geoff are to do a TV Programme aimed at at the same topic..... so conversion is naerly thereLOL.
I went out yesterday with a mate to prove a few things with softbaits and had our limit in under 3 hours.
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:35pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is this show on s/b fishing or straylining ???? if its s/b fishing

Why would Geoff do a show on winter s/b fishing when hes publicly announced they "dont work in winter"....He  will loose alot of credibility if he does that show... 
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Captain plastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 11:19pm
Captain plastie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I think its great that people speak their minds on this forum!! ..Good or bad !If these guys are fishing celebs and we are to look up to them for ifo, advice and inspiration then we should be allowed to question them when they make statements that we think might not be true. If politicians make mistakes we pull the rug dont we! I have noticed that s/b fishing seems to have been embraced allot quicker by more progressive anglers and usually rewards very skilled fishermen.Thats why the anglers on this forum have expressed their feelings! Good onya!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 6:50am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Geoff did a show last winter with us around this very time on Softbaits in the deeper water off Port Jackson..... they worked fine then so he put it on DVD... plan is to prove they do work... even Geoff may get it wrong at some stage and there's no rules in fishing... only size and numbers... don't see it damaging his credibility at all.. but nice to see you think of Geoff as a credible bloke of2fsh. 
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 4:44pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Men In Black Men In Black wrote:

Geoff did a show last winter with us around this very time on Softbaits in the deeper water off Port Jackson..... they worked fine then so he put it on DVD... plan is to prove they do work... even Geoff may get it wrong at some stage and there's no rules in fishing... only size and numbers... don't see it damaging his credibility at all.. but nice to see you think of Geoff as a credible bloke of2fsh. 

Getting it wrong at some stage would be like saying "they dont work in winter"
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 7:49pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Originally posted by Men In Black Men In Black wrote:

Getting it wrong at some stage would be like saying "they dont work in winter"

to some maybe...LOL if you were dyslexic

www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 8:16pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dont want to start another slagging match as its plain to see your in Geoffs pocket....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightlines2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 9:49pm
tightlines2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by _macca__ _macca__ wrote:

HI

I heard Geoff Thomas on Murray Deakers show on sunday and he was saying that its no use using softbaits in the winter.

They are designed to be used out on the sand he said and the type of fishing the winter requires is straylining into the rocks.

I've heard the opposite from some people.  Saying that plastics do well in the winter.

Any comments?

Getting back to where this all started, I discovered today that if you have hungry fish over the sand and present them with a SP (ANY sort) then you WILL catch fish. You just have to look harder. See my "Winter Fishing Fun" report in the Lion Red forumWink 
Remember it's not the number of breaths you take that is important in life, but rather the number of times that life takes your breath away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-P addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 3:03pm
S-P addict View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bluddy Hell,
Seems Every One On This Forum Has Gotten Worse At Spelling Since I Was Last Here
LOL
    __!__                                     &nbs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-P addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 3:05pm
S-P addict View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Yep ive got a comment...Geoff Thomas should stop drinking and start fishing instead of using ex all blacks to do the work for him...

LOLLOLLOL
Amen To That My Friend.
    __!__                                     &nbs
Page  <1 234