here yak rs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here yak rs
    Posted: 10 Dec 2003 at 9:54pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

www.team-deek.com/images/Names/Yakgif.gif

Heres a little gif for you yakers out there, to put on your signiture.

Wefaknis

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2003 at 10:45pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll keep it untill someone steals it off me, feel free.

Yes Dear
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 5:44am
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Consider it Stolen but how do I get it inserted into my signature?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 8:24am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Putting it in your sig is easy but, where has he gone, it was working last night when I set him up paddling?? can you see him HF??.

Wefaknis

Yes Dear
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 4:45pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok got this working here at work the DNS setting were wrong on the router

HF just enter this secret code into yopu sig and it should work

[IMG]http://www.team-deek.com/images/Names/Yakgif.gif[/IMG]

Wefaknis

Yes Dear
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 4:55pm
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I found another one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 5:21pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Testing, testing...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 5:23pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Try again...

I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2003 at 6:20pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try once again dogfish..........can't see it.

Cheers

AC

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2003 at 3:54am
Yakmon View Drop Down
New User
New User

Please don't link directly to my site.  I found this icon by searching the web and downloading it.  I didn't make the icon, and you are right, it is free to use, but please download it and put it somewhere else on the web so you can use it for all of your signatures.  If you would like, I can send it to you via email and you can post it somewhere else. 

Thanks,

Yakmon

Team Deek Website Creator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2003 at 12:42pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Yakmon,

Welcome to Fishing.net.nz, No problems removing the gif consider it done!!,  I thought some of the guys here might like a little yaker for there signiture, but I don't think anyone has picked it up off me ( I thought he was really neat) anyway a couple of questions?

1)   how did you know that I had picked up the gif?.

2)   why is it a problem?

3)   are you going to hang around and share a story or two?

As for webfishing, I think Ive taged and released and rare exotic fish, Ive gotta be the winner at webfishing this month!!!.

Cheers Wefaknis

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2003 at 7:04am
Yakmon View Drop Down
New User
New User

I have a utility on the website that shows me the addresses that people access the site from, and I hadn't seen this address before, so clicked it and ended up here.  I like to see where people are accessing our site from, and sometimes I find cool forums like this have linked to a specific article.  That is fine to do. 

When people use an image off of a website as their signature, every time they post, it links to the image.  This can cause a couple of problems.  First, If I ever move or rename the image, the signature will not work.  Second, it uses up bandwidth.  This wouldn't be too big of a problem, because the gif is pretty small, but if lots of people used it, it could eat up some bandwidth. 

As for sticking around - yes, I will share some stories when and if I can ever get back in the water!  I got stuck by a stingray in July, and my foot still isn't healed.  I hope to be back in the water soon, though. 

This looks like a great board with lots of different forums, and I will be checking back frequently.  I figured you would be wondering how I found out! 

Come over any time, and I will be writing some more kayaking articles soon.  Hopefully we can get some more video clips up too.  I am planning some how to articles with video clips embedded in them.  Just have to get back in the water to do them. 

Take it easy,

Yakmon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2003 at 7:52am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome Yakmon

I'm interested in your stingray story Yakmon, and I'm sure the other guys and girls would be too. We've had a discussion on stingrays in here recently. Did it attack you or did you stand on it by mistake?

Cheers
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2003 at 1:19pm
Yakmon View Drop Down
New User
New User

I was fishing for trout in the surf and decided to go back to shore.  I was shuffling my feet, but a wave hit me in the back, pushing me toward the beach.  Usually, this isn't a big deal, but in this case, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  When I put my foot down, the stingray barb went about an inch into my heel and broke off near the bone.  I hopped to the beach, had surgery, and I have been out of commission for 5 months now.  I think it is because your heel doesn't heal very quickly due to all of the weight on it. 

I have a few suggestions regarding stingrays.

1. Shuffle your shuffle your feet.

2. Don't let waves push you around while fishing/wading in the surf if possible.

3. Wear protective gear - I wasn't.  I usually wear wading booties, but this barb went about and inch into my foot at a diagonal, so i think it would have gone through the boots too.

4. If you get stuck, make some very hot water somehow and put your foot in it.  This really helps.  I had to sit in the emergency room for 6 hours with my foot in very hot water.  It kills the toxin and takes away a lot of the pain.  You could boil water on a camp fire, or use some chemical heat packs to heat up the water.  When the water cools, expect pain!  Also, don't put your foot on ice - it increases the pain instantly. 

5.  Ask for pain meds at the ER - I didn't, and I finally got some 6 hours after arriving at the ER - once they hit me with some Demerol, I was feeling no pain.

6.  Expect a long recovery.

7. If you have stitches on the bottom of your foot, they won't hold, and you will be back getting the wound cleaned out.  I had 2 months of physical therapy/wound care to get where I am. 

8.  Expect a hefty bill.  I have insurance, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but the total bill was over 15,000 USD, my part is 2,000. 

I never saw the stingray that hit me even though it was in knee deep water.  I have had some near missed in shallow flats, but I have been lucky. 

We had many stingray sticks in Texas this Summer.  I guess this was the year of the stingray.  I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy!

Be careful out there.

Yakmon