Poetic Justice

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yammieski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poetic Justice
    Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 4:55pm
Yammieski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This post is copied from the main forum. And should give jetski fishers a good ole fashon laugh.
Ok so heres the rub. Last night off Gulf Harbour, I was out fishing on my Yamaha PWC when I got a call from my neighbour  (member of Coast Guard) that a Tinnie full of kids was drifting out off Tiri, as I was out that way fishing He asked if I could go have a look. This was not a problem so off I  went at max RPM on my  noisy, dangerous, outlandish, not to be used for fishing, Poofters chariot what ever you may like to call it, but to me my beloved PWC Yamaha (Jet Ski).
A group of Teenage school kids had borrowed !!!!! their fathers Stabi and run out of gas, run the battery flat trying to start it and the sole cellphone on board was down to its last 50 cents of credit.
A family was getting worried and the old man was getting pissed because they had "borrowed" his boat and he didnt know.
To cut a long story short, I found them, hooked them up and towed them in the dark back to the ramp at Tindals Beach. To be met by the very greatful family, my neighbour and a nice box of the "Capts" Favoutite RTD,s.
So too all non believers, PWC,s have a lot more use than creating mayhem and fishin.
Mr Doneghy rang again this morning to ask if there was anything his tribe could do for me over the school holidays to make up for the drama they caused..
A happy ending that could so easy have been another sad story to read in the papers.
PS thanks for the mid week hangover Stan, next time you, can come help me drink them.
Cheers Derek ClapBig%20smile
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jetskifishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 6:31pm
jetskifishing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good effort Derek,we could rename this post good deeds on PWC'sWinkI should also mention so those knockers may have a little more appreciation for us jetski fishos, an incident I had the opportuntity to help with, a couple in distress on the water.
The weekend of the Nauti Girls fish comp 2008 at Bowentown my son and I were on the ski enjoying the good life of fishing.We had the Trevs on the bite with some good sizes being landed while fishing at nicknamed Lead Point towards the entrance of the Waihi bar.
While reeling in a Trev,we could faintly here a guy yelling out to anyone,amongst all the boats fishing in the vicinity.Once comprehending where it was coming from,which was a fisherman on the rocks telling anyone to rescue the couple in panic on a inflatable Li-Lo raft.We spotted them barely hanging on either side in the water with no chance keeping with the rapid current drifting to the main beach swells of the bar.
We quickly ditched the fishing and went to their rescue while the many other boats chose not to be involvedAngryWe were not the closest to the incident and probably the least equipped yet it was a great feeling to be there for someone in need.
Once attaching the Li-Lo to the back of our ski,we had  to pull the adult male on to the back of the ski while in 18 metres of water,it is amazing how stable the Yamaha ski was for it not to be tipped.While all this was occurring finally a guy with a young family rescued the lady in his small inflatableBig%20smile
This couple were totally exhausted and no further energy to prevent further trouble.The whole incident started at Shelley Beach in knee deep water and before they knew it they were over their head and could not keep up with the current.YES they were touristsEmbarrassed.
At least no one was hurt and my son learn't a valuable lesson about the sea.I wasn't so fortunate to get some cold ones for our efforts,but it was good feeling to be of help on the water with our PWC as they have a reputation of being a menace rather than help.Smile
Jetskifishing Monster Snapper Hunt, 15th-17th October 2021
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 6:08pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

A moderator double posting? Tsk tsk place has gone to the dogs since I stepped down.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa' Boy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 9:28pm
Snappa' Boy! View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ok sounds good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 8:44pm
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs%20Up

here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seadooer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 2:38pm
Seadooer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've heard all the negative stories and I've heard of many rescues.
My own good deed was when I helped out with a search on Lake Taupo for a boat load of folk that ran out of gas, or so they said. Found them all safe and well and was able to point the rescue boat to where they were, so they could be towed back in.
The look on peoples faces when a 'horrid little jet skier' offered to help was priceless LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Milkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 3:20pm
Milkey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I used to have a Kawasaki 750 poleski. Not a fishing vessel I know, but once I towed a fizzboat back to the ramp after they had run out of gas. Not easy on one of those, but looked very funny.
Don't worry about all the negative peeps out there giving you hassles. Im envious of the posts from some of the PWC fishers.Thumbs%20Up
Proud Prowler Roller, bowler and a$$holer since Feb' 2008.......not anymore, Profish 440 yeah boy!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 11:33am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yea, don't worry about boaties mate there's never any negative stories about boaties, just those damn kayakers aye Milkey.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote felixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 3:26pm
felixx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am a boater, I don't mind jetskis, I just dislike the ignorance that SOME users show.
But I am sure there are plenty of boaties who have towed skis home that dont write self gratifying momologues about it.
If you have to dedicate a thread to make yourself feel better about your time on a jetski, then what are you up to the rest of the time you are on the water?
Originally posted by TG

LMAO felixx, you a sick puppy! hehe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:10am
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

god damn spearos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOESKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 4:59pm
HOESKI View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thumbs Upwell done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ski M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 8:35pm
Ski M.D. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by felixx felixx wrote:

I am a boater, I don't mind jetskis, I just dislike the ignorance that SOME users show.
But I am sure there are plenty of boaties who have towed skis home that dont write self gratifying momologues about it.
If you have to dedicate a thread to make yourself feel better about your time on a jetski, then what are you up to the rest of the time you are on the water?
One thing for sure as jetskiers, we should certainly remember that unless we rank up with Danyon Loader.....we have no auxillary so every time a boat goes bye ....smile and wave in a real friendly fashion. We need each other out there for sureSmile I keep in mind while I am repairing peoples jetski's....they may not be helecoptors but its just as bad when they go wrong!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Darwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 8:21pm
Darwin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hahahahhaha Yup,

Made the trip across the Firth to help out a jester a fortnight ago that had mechanical problems off Waiheke. Towed him around to the ferry terminal, charged his flat cellphone, offered him a cuppa on board on the way. Took us about 4 hours all up, over 50L of gas and a trip back across the Firth in the dark and rain.
Hope he got home OK. Despite the promises of a call and "fixing us up" for our time and expense, not a word! 
Never mind, one day, it'll be a jester hauling us outta the crap. Karma
I love fools' experiments. I am always making them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 6:05pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on ya, coasties are the best.

If you live local can you remind the hoards of skis at Matakatia Bay which has prominent 5 knot sign and marker buoys for the distance that its not ok to do 100kph amongst swimmers?

Because somebodies going to regret owning a ski one day when its summer there.

My Mrs use to swim there and has a few close encounters with brainless 40 somethings (thats me) zapping into the shore line not even in the ramp, exit markers but down the far end.

Im not anti ski, Im anti morons who cant read let alone know basic sea law.

Not sure what its like at manly.