WANTED URGENT URGENT

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED URGENT URGENT
    Posted: 15 Nov 2003 at 7:58pm
JP View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am looking for a cheap kayak for getting on to rocks for fishing.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2003 at 9:00pm
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If all you want to do is land on the rocks, The first two Kayaks I would suggest you give a try is the Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT and the Kayaks Direct Tempo.

Your best choice would likely be a Scrambler XT.

Are you wanting something new or used?

Take a look at Trademe.co.nz in the fishing and the paddle-sports sections. Check in with some of the local auction houses too.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2003 at 9:47pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Another contender would be the Q-Kayaks "Escapade". It has storage wells both front and rear, and good surfing/rough water capabilities.

It may not be the fastest kayak around but should be suitable for your intended purpose.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 7:53am
JP View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Used please as cheap as possible $200
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 8:51am
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"SqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeKK"

That was the sound of a puckered up butthole... All do respect JP, but if you find a used Kayak for $200 let me know cause I will be looking for the return of the Messiah.

Seriously mate, Don't expect to find anything less than $500 on the used market. You will pay closer to $700 for anything in servicable condition.

That is from my very recent experience of trying to find one used.

The other option to save you some money is contact a sales agent and see if they have any used 2nds or demo's they want to sell.

A 2nd is a yak that doesnt meet all the quality controls but sent to the dealer for demo purposes. They make great rock hoppers cause all the plastic has overly reinforced the hull. They tend not to track straight so a long trip is out of the question but for rocks. you cant beat it.

(Lightbulb) I know someone who had one they wanted to unload. Hang tight and I'll find out the story if he still has it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2003 at 8:47pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hellfish, you mention above you know someone selling a kayak. did you mention somewhere you know someone looking as well? i might unload mine before xmas and replace with something else. cheers john
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2003 at 8:52pm
lizard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

payless plastics has a "largo" for $488 with paddle and fishing rod holder

i just got one and they are great ...two big storage holes as well

also think about roof racks and tie downs

all up with the lot cost me $710

and you can pay it off...12mths interest free

maybe an option

im not as think as you drunk i am
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 8:44pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i'm not sure tradem.co.nz is the place to buy things, overpriced. i was looking for a few things like a used game harness and took a look. there was one one there with a highest bid of $55. i went to the warehouse and bought the same one new for $29. people seem to get overwhelmed by the auction proces and keep upping the price, like gambling?

however, if your trying to sell something go for it. i put a few things there, like my kayak and a burley mincer and likely going to get more then i even wanted for them. buyer beware, check new costs before you buy thing there guys.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2003 at 8:59pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's right. Me and the wife have been looking at digital cameras. And you can get them cheaper at some shops (new) than you can on tradeame, second hand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2003 at 12:24pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

great place to sell stuff though, but agree with your comments. I looked at a Penn 7000 baitcaster reel which was (yesdterday) at $85. Thats a $100 reel new.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2003 at 12:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Parallel Importing I think its called is the place for Digi cams.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2003 at 12:30pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just be careful with parallel importers. Sometimes their products don't have the same componentry as the products when they come out of the factory. You also need to make sure you're covered by a warranty.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.