...And another one joins the ranks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...And another one joins the ranks.
    Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 8:43pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

[Checks to make sure SWMBO is out of room]

Sorting out my stash today, and finally got around to collecting all my SP's into one place - Hmmm...about $200 worth of impulse buying of a pack here, a pack there!  And I've never even tried them out!  Even after carting a pack of Nuke Chooks around on the yak for a yearLOL.

So...With a couple of hours to tide turn, I decided to force the issue, emergency yak fish with only SP's

45min later I'm bobbing around in the Keri inlet, nice and murky at bottom of the tide, not very dramatic I know...
 Had one Nuke Chook out the back just dragging through the mud and some yellow thing on the cast n retrieve.   Bites on both lines in 5 min, steady stream of pannies around 30 -35cm going back in 10Clap

Nothing on sounder, no structure, nuthin' - Just 4m between me and the mud.

I'm impressed, even with my non-graphite, non-braid, non-flurocarbon setup (complete with dreaded swivel) and no berley -  I was seriously impressed.

...Can justify buying more now LOLLOL

Wife will probably appreciate getting the bulk of her freezer back from my massive bait cache too.

[Gotta go... something evil this way comesWink]

EDIT:  After typing the last line and posting this, I noticed it was my 666th post - Spooky.
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 8:54pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

quick reply to get u past that number hahaha take it the missus was watching beware they CAN B EVIL HAHAHA good going on the sps at least, my self 2yrs owning sp set up + buying the must haves = 1 snapper
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 9:37am
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good on ya Hairy,  you too are hooked!!!!  After being a avid pilly soaker for more years than I can remember, it's soooo nice just to go out on the yak and not wory about bait, burley, knives and big munchie things sniffing around the kayaks backside!!!HugCensoredCensored
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 11:34am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats not a bad bout of TAS there HLD, buying up $200 of something you've never used I for one have NEVER done that... well not today .

Chucking soft plastics from the hard plastic log really is a winning combo!
There's been no bait (other than livies) on my yak at all this past year and it's been my most productive fishing year in a long time. Not only in numbers of fish but also size, and because they're always ready to go, no more pre-cutting bait for me and the bait fridge is now the beer fridge. Scooore
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 9:55pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heh heh...Yep, almost embarrassing.

All I have to do is fight the "I used a couple, so I should restock" urge - for a while at least.

My buddy was straylining with pillies and nothing to show for it, even when we rafted up on the one sea-anchor, I was passing fish to himLOL

Still, batting 100% on the first day doesn't mean I'm totally sold on them...I hope the other 70-odd jigglies in my bag keep the score up!
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tightheadted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 11:41am
tightheadted View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had my first proper go with them myself last weekend.
Just drifting along in the Firth in a dinghy , one baited hook out and two sps.
Caught 7 snaps on the sps and 1 on the bait . Not even working the sps.
Gonna try that again for sure.