Mozz!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mozz!
    Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 10:50pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK yeah, it's been a long time coming but who could be a more worthy recipient of my dull wit than Mozz - kingfish katcher extraordinaire and all round good guy.

I was talking to a moderator the other day (ok, ok it was Boulder) and we were talking about how the 'new' guys of two or three years ago have now become icons of our fishing fraternity. True we didn't say it quite like that - it was more like 'there's some good ******* here aye' but the point is the contributions of the keen young guys are right up there with the legends and they really do give life to the forum.

So without further ado here's what Mozz has to say for himself:

Mozz, what�s your best fishing experience?

Fishing a workup 2 years ago out of Omaha with Gav that consisted of Snaps, Trevs, kings and massive JDs. One of the boys got a 20 and everyone else got solid fish. Hookups from 8am to 4pm

Also getting the big king out of Kawau this year in super shallow water by myself was a pretty memorable experience plus any session I have had in Indonesia

Favourite song?

Too many to list��.. any Pennywise / Metalica / Shihad song

Nice! Go the Shihad... what's your favourite song when pissed?

See above but really any song will do so long as my beer is cold

Holden (Barina), Ford (Taurus) or Chevy (Suburban)?

Holden, I have many good memories from terrorizing the North Shore a few years back in my mates red barina with a 6 pack each(that dad had given us)Clap and a bottle of cheap nasty stuff(that some guy walking into the wholsesalers had got us for the grand total of $12.50 split between 4)LOL

Burt Bacharach, Frank Sinatra or Tool?

Tool

What�s the silliest thing you have ever done while fishing?

Probably jigging with the hook protector  still on and wondering why I was getting hits and not hooking up or hooking up a livie on a trace that I had forgotten to attach to the mainline, it turned out to be the only livie I could get for the sessionOuch

Mozz, that's the sort of thing Builder gets up to! Big%20smile Have you ever caught a kingfish?LOL

Well this one time at bandcamp������

Some guys target marlin, some snapper but kingis get most of my attention. If you spend enough time on the water hunting them then you are bound to cross paths once or twiceWink

What�s your next goal?

Marlin on a popper or a ****ing huge bass at the Kings next year

Your favourite snapper fishing gear?

Duel speedy 12 on a Daiwa VIP 870 10kg moimoi mono

How�s the new boat going?

Pretty good, its been blooded so at least I got that done first trip. Just a few $$$ and a whole bunch of hours until it turns into a fishing machine. 8 days up north at new years will help get used to it then start putting toys on it.

Do you feel a little inferior knowing that you really are only a distant third in the Tackle Ho stakes?

I like to fly low on the radar

How do you compensate for that feeling of low self esteem?

Play with fake tits

What do you do for a job?

Sell materials handling equipment and fix surfboards���sometimes.LOL

Where�s it at? Snapper, marlin or blue cod?

Kings

That was a trick question, gurnard rule. OK?

Whatever floats your boat Smudge.

Mozz  what advice do you have for those new to fishing?

Buy proper gear the first time round, spend as much time fishing local waters as you can and get to know them. Different tides can mean different species to target if you know the area well�� and go fishing will all the good buggers from here, so much knowledge and there is a few real good cnuts amongst them.

Got any secret GPS marks????

yepLOL

Thanks Mozz, you're a good sport. Now I will leave you for the voltures.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 10:57pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yaaahoo a smudging we will goThumbs%20Up

Now to organize a translation  Pig soooooo weeeeeee soooooo weeeee
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:14pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

What�s the silliest thing you have ever done while fishing?

Probably jigging with the hook protector  still on and wondering why I was getting hits and not hooking up or hooking up a livie on a trace that I had forgotten to attach to the mainline, it turned out to be the only livie I could get for the sessionOuch

Mozz, that's the sort of thing Builder gets up to!

Builders over the 70 mark so maybe some good advice there--use hook protectors at all timesLOLLOL
Good one smudge & Mozz, I enjoyed it.

Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:26pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your a good lad Mozz...no doubt about that.
At a young age you know more about fishing than I likely ever will. I appreciate your input to this site along with many others !

Word of advice

At 24 I was as fit as you and drank like you.........your in trouble bro Approve
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 6:25am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Choice Mozz!!!!!!!! Clap

Nice one SmudgeThumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 7:02am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Originally posted by Phats Phats wrote:

Your a good lad Mozz...no doubt about that.
At a young age you know more about fishing than I likely ever will. I appreciate your input to this site along with many others !

Word of advice

At 24 I was as fit as you and drank like you.........your in trouble bro Approve

... aaaaannnd rolling the clock forward a further 20 years and you can see what you have to look forward to. Scarey eh?

Nice work Smudge, you made Mozz look almost human. His halo only slipped the once, and let's face it, we'd all like to do more of that.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 9:07am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha ha ha well worth the wait  Smudge

Play with fake tits

Words to live by...on ya Mozz

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 9:28am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hooray for the fakeys!

Nice work Smudge and Mozz
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 9:30am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Word!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 8:39pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work Smudge, and thats not bad for you mozza.
I thought you were a drunken lout but now ive changed my mind....

Your a drunken lout that plays with fake titties LOL

2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 1:01pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 2:49pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I must have just woken up....... I look sleepyLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 8:39pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Mozz...the fridge still goes hard mate, its looking after some friends of mine at the moment.....WinkBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 12:24pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

TRANSLATIONS

Mozz, what's your best fishing experience?

Fishing a workup 2 years ago out of Omaha with Gav that consisted of Snaps, Trevs, kings and massive JDs. One of the boys got a 20 and everyone else got solid fish. Hookups from 8am to 4pm

Also getting the big king out of Kawau this year in super shallow water by myself was a pretty memorable experience plus any session I have had in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Indonesia</st1:country-region>

TRANSLATION:  My entire life is my best fishing experience

Favourite song?

Too many to list.. any Pennywise / Metalica / Shihad song

TRANSLATION:  I don’t understand the requirement for singular answers.

Nice! Go the Shihad... what's your favourite song when pissed?

See above but really any song will do so long as my beer is cold

TRANSLATION:  Or no song... happy so long as there’s beer.

Holden (Barina), Ford (Taurus) or Chevy (Suburban)?

Holden, I have many good memories from terrorizing the North Shore a few years back in my mates red barina with a 6 pack each(that dad had given us)Clap and a bottle of cheap nasty stuff(that some guy walking into the wholsesalers had got us for the grand total of $12.50 split between 4)LOL

TRANSLATION:  I used to be totally irresponsible. No, wait – nothing’s changed.

Burt Bacharach, Frank Sinatra or Tool?

Tool

TRANSLATION:  What a stupid bloody question.

What's the silliest thing you have ever done while fishing?

TRANSLATION:  I am a dumb pluck

Mozz, that's the sort of thing Builder gets up to! Big%20smile Have you ever caught a kingfish?LOL

Well this one time at bandcamp������

Some guys target marlin, some snapper but kingis get most of my attention. If you spend enough time on the water hunting them then you are bound to cross paths once or twiceWink

TRANSLATION:  Being a bit of a pussy, I can’t wind hard enough to catch a marlin so I just play with kingfish.

Wink

What's your next goal?

Marlin on a popper or a ****ing huge bass at the Kings next year

TRANSLATION:  Surviving another hard-living fishing season.

Your favourite snapper fishing gear?

Duel speedy 12 on a Daiwa VIP 870 10kg moimoi mono

TRANSLATION:  I only wish I could catch something other than kingies.

How's the new boat going?

Pretty good, its been blooded so at least I got that done first trip. Just a few $$$ and a whole bunch of hours until it turns into a fishing machine. 8 days up north at new years will help get used to it then start putting toys on it.

TRANSLATION:  I am going to be totally broke for the rest of my life.

Do you feel a little inferior knowing that you really are only a distant third in the Tackle Ho stakes?

I like to fly low on the radar

TRANSLATION:  I am single. I have yet to discover just how low on the radar I can actually live with but that day will probably come.

Play with fake tits

TRANSLATION:  Play with fake tits, film myself then get excited about watching the reruns.

What do you do for a job?

Sell materials handling equipment and fix surfboards���sometimes.LOL

TRANSLATION:  I fish and my Dad pays me

Where's it at? Snapper, marlin or blue cod?

Kings

TRANSLATION:  Kings

That was a trick question, gurnard rule. OK?

Whatever floats your boat Smudge.

TRANSLATION:  Gurnard? Oh yeah, I remember gurnard. Bottom dwellers like E channel (or F.Net) interviewers, right? 

Mozz  what advice do you have for those new to fishing?

Buy proper gear the first time round, spend as much time fishing local waters as you can and get to know them. Different tides can mean different species to target if you know the area well�� and go fishing will all the good buggers from here, so much knowledge and there is a few real good cnuts amongst them.

TRANSLATION:  But don’t go fishing with The Beagle, that West Coast is just too rough... and don't get in my burley trail.

Got any secret GPS marks????

yepLOL

TRANSLATION:  I wish I had a GPS that I knew how to work.

NOTE: This work was commissioned by a Mozzerator.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 12:38pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Play with fake tits

TRANSLATION:  Play with fake tits, film myself then get excited about watching the reruns.

Now that is Mozza to a tee well done BeagleBig%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dirty Oar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 7:27pm
Dirty Oar View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sorry about the black box fullas , ooops was trying to write something but i stuffed it up ... hmmm need more coffee
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 7:36pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

no you need to lern to use the delet button
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 7:37pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

what you on about wilsonBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 10:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice work Beagle.

I sort of sympathise with Mozz about the live bait thing, did that myself once while fishing with Dead Ant ... I have this habit of leaving traces on the bait board after I've changed them and a couple of times I've baited hooks and thrown them over with my new trace patiently waiting unbaited....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ski  da mofo!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 7:47am
ski da mofo!! View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

im sure theres more dirt to bring up on mozz than that smudge hes holdin out!
now about this jiggin with the hook protector on ...you must be a bit limp wristed there mozz they work just as well with it on ask boz hes seen me do itEmbarrassed
what do you do in your spare time when your not fishin?surf,surf,drink,surf or play with fake tits not necessarily in that order!
is it true you live with 4 other guys?er ar um yep but its not what you think its more like a bachelor pad so i got someon to drink with,surf with and fish with the chicks come and go!
im sure they do!whats all the white cloudy stuff coming from your garage on a daily basis you do realise air berley works best when your on the water?er  ar um oh no thtas gotta be the dust from me surfboard repairs eh ,yeah thats what it will be honest,true,it is
yeah yeah sure mate
anyway theres a bit more dirt on the mozzman you go hard on them kingys brova youll get that 100 lber one day just work on that wrist auw!!!