1 piece or 2?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 piece or 2?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 11:31pm
Amateur View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm using a 2 piece Shimano Squigy Snapper Spin as my intro rod to soft baiting, it's been good to me in the few assaults I have made on the Waitamata with it. Big%20smile I have heard some guy's say the 2 piece rod has a "stiffness" around the join that effects the action but that doesn't appear to be a problem for me, it has been a problem for the local snappers. Thumbs%20Up I like the way the two pieces look after each other when the rod is broken down. Less chance of losing a tip whilst in transit I reckon. What I would like to improve on is the general lower end build quality of the metal parts. To be fair it is entry level and was very well priced but I am enjoying fighting snappers so much with SB's and braid that I am going to splash out on a new SB rod. The question is 1 piece or 2???
I spied a two piece graphite blank in Tiny's workshop which just about made me cry, how am I going to afford that! Cry
Once it has had the full Synit treatment I reckon it will put a hard-on on a jelly fish!
Anyone out there have a use for a 45 year old kidney? 1 owner, reasonable condition for mileage. As is, where is, may be withdrawn from sale as it is advertised else where. Wink
No half measures!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 7:39am
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

This wouldn't have been the new prototypes Synit GT-R blanks Tiny designed by any chance, he had the first of our workshop samples arrive Friday, him and Chloe will be building some shop demo models up those puppies are the fruitWink, don't tell Boulder he will want to trade up his 2pc Synit in on one of these.LOL

MIB
Go Soft and Go Hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 7:50am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ive got the latest shimano 2 piece and its wickedly good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 8:09am
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I you want a good off the shelf rod Tazze has some of his own branded 2pc T-Curves that are the fruit, had a play with them on Sunday, very top end Shimano gear. Fish city also have the new OffShore 2pc 5-10kg rods in very similar to the Synit rods in the butt section, with the reversed reel seat, just remeber Tiny did it first and it's a complement to see others copying his ideas.

I had always preferred a 1pc rod, but lately I have come to love some of the better 2pc rods out there, look for one that doesn't have a flat spot at the join under full load, or isn't loose in the joint when put together properly. If it is loose in the joint it will cause the tip section to rattle at the joint and a 3pc rod will result when it loads up.
MIB
Go Soft and Go Hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deltadreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 9:25am
deltadreams View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

stay with a one piece Synit, all the power you need for the good fish
Remember: it's not a fish until it's landed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sea-Sharpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 5:50pm
Sea-Sharpe View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

A good 2pce is just as good as a good 1pce - and its damn easier to store or take on planes , travel etc.

If one pieces were the go then they wouldnt make 3 - 4- or 5piece fly rods
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elpescador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 5:57pm
Elpescador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Sea-Sharpe Sea-Sharpe wrote:

A good 2pce is just as good as a good 1pce - and its damn easier to store or take on planes , travel etc.

If one pieces were the go then they wouldnt make 3 - 4- or 5piece fly rods

The actions of 2 pce rods are not as good as 1 pce and that is a fact!! but the ability to transport a 2pce makes them very popular its just a question of physics do you want the best action or transportability its your choice!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 6:02pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

1 piece,end of story..cant spine a 2 piece rod properly ...
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote loryda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 6:58pm
loryda View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

one of both.

cover your bases  Wink
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nuclear chicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 7:17pm
nuclear chicken View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Two piece really good for keeping in your company car . Wink