'SLAM '- who or what?

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aharvnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 8:33pm
aharvnz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Those pilly Squidgies are effing awesome. Thus far the only thing getting remotely close to Gulp for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Fishing Slut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 10:09am
The Fishing Slut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah the squidgies are what I loaded up on in the Rebel sale.  I first used them out with Damo and they are good esp that pillie pattern and robust too.  Mat Watson was slaying them in his soft bait dvd with the lemon pattern.  They were good value at 7.50 a pack.  Rebel can be quite loose with their pricing I picked up a Tekota 800 and a 24kg roller tip backbone rod for $300 out a clearance bin the tekota had only been out about three months at the time good puka set.
Fishing Anytime Anywhere with Anyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 3:41pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you guys ever use 'after market' scents on non-scented brand softplastics?

I have always liked the action of Slugos and recently have been spraying them in generous amounts of Youvella softplastic scent, although I can not say with any facts but I have condifidence that it is benefical and increases the strike rate espically for gurnard. Snapper are to erratic in numbers around here to comment on them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 4:14pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I do when the fishing is hard, but most of the time I'm just to lazy
I have also found that with gurnard its a good idea. I haven't used/seen the Youvella stuff, worth a try?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 4:19pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have confidence in it, but have no real proof. The main reason I got the Youvella scent was because it had 40% off at the warehouse sale. So $2.40 for a little spray bottle. To me it smells like a refined fish oil.

I also use it on my squid when I am fishing for Topes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 4:30pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I guess it is pretty hard to prove if it's the business isn't it. I guess it's about confidence in a what your using. I'm almost out of the stimulate stuff so might try the youvella next...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levinlarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 1:12pm
levinlarge View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by paddler paddler wrote:

I agree on the prices aand that we are all paying to much! I have been buying from these guys
www.fishing4less.co.nz

Gulps are cheaper and I heard the other day that they will soon have the biggest stock and range of Soft baits in the country ! thats all mybank balance needs and the wife ha ha

for the sake of 50 cents more expensive per packet for the 5"  and saving money on the 7" shads, $12.50 @ Hunts in crown hill compared to the $13.40, I know where I would go, and they have a better selection :)
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 1:34pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have used the squidgie paste on sluggos and been reasonably successful.
Have not tried the youvella scent but in my opinion any scent is better than none.
The bait station selling aniseed for $14 a bottle - I didn't buy but worth a look for some.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 2:18pm
paddler View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by levinlarge1 levinlarge1 wrote:

Originally posted by paddler paddler wrote:

I agree on the prices aand that we are all paying to much! I have been buying from these guys
www.fishing4less.co.nz

Gulps are cheaper and I heard the other day that they will soon have the biggest stock and range of Soft baits in the country ! thats all mybank balance needs and the wife ha ha

for the sake of 50 cents more expensive per packet for the 5"  and saving money on the 7" shads, $12.50 @ Hunts in crown hill compared to the $13.40, I know where I would go, and they have a better selection :)

Hey Im just another Fisher posting to try and save us alla few dollars, www.fishing4less.co.nz must have heard you though and are cheaper than your Hunts in crown hill.

I reckon if we keep on bullying all the stores and keep the pressure on we could get those prices down ourselves! I buy from where its cheaper cos after all 50c is better in my pocket or the wifes! think of all those 50c in a season might even be able to afford a new Yak for next year ha ha. Good on Ya

Page  <1 234