Mana/Titahi bay area

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aharvnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mana/Titahi bay area
    Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 4:06pm
aharvnz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Planning my first outing in my new boat tomorrow if the weather is good. What can I hope (notice I say hope rather than expect) to catch around this area at this time of year. I haven't got my fishfinder attached yet. but will throw down some burley at some random spot and hope for the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 6:52pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Where are you launching ? Its surposed to go Southerly later tonight but you may be able  to tuck into little Titahi (bay around from treatment plant) out of the wind. A few Snaps caught there of late, alot of Red cod and the usual 'Sailfish' ..

Good luck and let us know how you get on...For me tomorrow is yet more DIY around home....Thumbs%20DownUnhappy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aharvnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 6:35pm
aharvnz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome day out. Sat just 500M west of the reef in Plimmerton. Burlied up and put a bait rod out while I slung the lime tigers and blue peppers out.
I'd say it was 60% in favour of the bait rod. but still was great fun.
Total for the day 10 Kahawai (kept 3) all in the 1.5-2kg range.
1 Gurnard and 1 Red Cod. Kept the gurnard and threw the cod back.
So all in all a fantastic first outing. Just a little different to shore fishing. I actually caught fish Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 10:30pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On ya Andy my place looks right out at the reef so while you where catching i was carting and laying pavers saw a few out there at the reef today and good to know you were catching Approve ..reckon you had the better deal Thumbs%20Up