...snapper still in the channel.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grz Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...snapper still in the channel.
    Posted: 12 May 2007 at 6:16pm
Grz Lee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Guys, there are still Snapper just off the light house.

We had a slow, but seccessfull morning out there with a buddy.

My second time out with Plastics and my mates 1st time ever.

We hooked +/- 7 fish (x5 over 30cm) from 730am to +/- 11am
12Ft Tinny, Drifting.
Where - Just off Rangitoto (Launch Takapuna)
How - Nuc Chicken, Jerk Shad (Saphire Shine) and a bright Yellow Jerk Shad (5 and 7). Braid, Shimano reels and rods, with 15lb Flurogarbon leader, and 5/8 Nitro Heads.

My mate "Justin" is now hooked on Plastics...Clap

Thanks for all the info and hot tips guys...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 7:11pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done GRZ What was the wind like out there this morning??? they forcast it to come up fairly early, looken outside this morning didnt appear to be any sign of it!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 9:48pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good stuff GRZ ...  12 foot tin bum does the trick ... sure is a lot of fun on SP's and I spose ya mates gonna have a tas attack soon...LOL..Thumbs%20Up  hope to hit Whangaroa monday morning... Long line... baits ( trevs and kahawai from last trip, squid and pillies)  ...and SP'S... see which does the best...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 8:29am
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Good stuff Grz, some nice fish up to 11lb are turning up in the Pakatoa channell as well, pulled along side my old mate Tony Moyes from Fishy Biz charters last weekend, thay had some nice fish on borad, Tony will also do solely softbait fishing, but hasn't got the gear to hire if you haven't got your own. For those like you Grz with a few mates that want to try or learn more about the softbait fish on the water, Tiny can do an on the water school, he supplies all the rods and reels or bring your own gear if you want, takes you out shows you all the knots. gear, tricks and techinques, $300 for a 1/2 day plus a reduced charter boat cost, or $600 for a whole day plus charter boat costs, cheap as chips if your've got 7-8 mates to share the cost, and you will catch fish, he also uses "Colbalt" another great fishing platform to learn from . Your 12ft would be idea for that area if launched from Kawakawa Bay, there's also the Clevedon flats if you don't wish to venture out that far. We had John Moran from NZ Fishing World out there in his tinny, and he was smashing them on the softies, for a guy that loves his baits and burley he was more than impressed with how us Softbaiters can produce the goods.

Go Soft and Go Hard
Cheerz GG

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grz Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 1:31pm
Grz Lee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

GG, thanks mate, I think i will get some mates together and get the pro,s to show us the ropes. Is that Tiny that makes his own Rods?

GG, as we are heading for Winter, where do we go with a 12ft Tiny and softabaits...?

Sweet mate.

Grz Lee...Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grz Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 1:33pm
Grz Lee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fishing on a Monday, man you must have a great job...

Cant wait to see the pics mate.

Hope you have Great weather!

Grz Lee...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grz Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 1:35pm
Grz Lee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tugboat, the weather pridiction was not great, however it was mostly a good day, with Rain all arround us, and finally hit us for +/- 5min, enough to get us soaked mate.

With 4 great pannies, rain and wind had no effect a great morning, when everyone said dont go out!

Gzr Lee...LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:44pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Grz,
Tiny has most Saturdays off, he will be tied up at the Boat Show this Saturday, but give him a ring at Top Catch Bait and Tackle on Monday he will give you some dates. You did pro softbait fisherman ahy.... I had heard rummors. if you're going to use a charter boat ask him to bring his 17yr old female appentice, she is hot... with the softbaits that is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:47pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

That should read apprentice, and Did you mean Pro Softbait fisherman, have had some late nights just of late, brain and fingers not telling each other whats happening
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grz Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:58pm
Grz Lee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks GG, yeah I will give him a shout soon.

Have you got the shop details GG.

Yeah, looks as if she knows how to throw softies out there.

Grz Lee

...fish fear us softies...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:47pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Grz,
ring him on 021 330 508 or 292 8401 he's at work tomorrow, he better be he's got to finish the building of a 2-4kg Synit rod

Go Soft and Go Hard

Cheerz
GG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:51pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Grz
Not only can she throw a softie, she will soon be the best Female rod builder and softbait fisher woman in Austrilasia bar none, the girl has skills both fishing (whip my sorry ass) and an eye for detail, she will go far under Tiny's tutoring.