What I Bought Today

Page  <1 391392393
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 6:55am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After a bit of adjusting.I think I have it right now.Cant quite lift up as per other trailer so maybe forward a tad . Sits nicely on all rollers and took for a tow around block and seems ok,Tracked well in reverse.  The old trailer grew some Bs and towed quietly to scrap yard.Hate to see someone reserect it as a arm fell off on way down.Did I stop ??Did I ****
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:24pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

I've been trialling JOF 8 strand braid. So far so good. My only observation is that it's very thin, even thinner than Shimano Kairiki. A good thing, but next time, I'll order the next breaking strain up as a little insurance.
Gave the boy 50m of 30lb JOF 4 strand braid to test at the uni. interesting breaks constantly at 32.5lb. Using the uni tensil tester
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting. I ordered some 12 strand as well. Even thinner! Haven't used it yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 5:54am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Interesting. I ordered some 12 strand as well. Even thinner! Haven't used it yet.
My roll that was ordered back Jan/Feb never arrived so asked for refund and reordered and paid $2 extra on frieght,arrived within a week, back in May. Haha the first roll arrived yesterday, know idea where it went to.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 4:37pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I hope they aren't Slams! Big smile
Pleased to say they found there way to Takanini transfer station along with some zman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griff the dog. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 7:35pm
Griff the dog. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If you get snagged in a boat drive  up current .
It will often pull out .

What I bought.
Have been looking for a surf caster that will take an overhead reel
Use an okuma mad dog not too impressed too stiff and at 14.6 too long.
Went into land and sea the dude suggested a Okuma soul md .
Adjustable reel seat and can take a over head reel only $300 peso's
Will come back after the weekend to tell you all how it casts and feels.
Next issue is what reel? I can get a Penn 5500 long cast for 250.
Dont need a bigger reel if i go braid .    

He who dies with most toys wins.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Griff the dog. Griff the dog. wrote:

If you get snagged in a boat drive  up current .
It will often pull out .

What I bought.
Have been looking for a surf caster that will take an overhead reel
Use an okuma mad dog not too impressed too stiff and at 14.6 too long.
Went into land and sea the dude suggested a Okuma soul md .
Adjustable reel seat and can take a over head reel only $300 peso's
Will come back after the weekend to tell you all how it casts and feels.
Next issue is what reel? I can get a Penn 5500[COLOR=#191919" face=" Sans, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, SimSun]<span style="font-size: 15px;] </span>[/COLOR]long cast for 250.
Dont need a bigger reel if i go braid .    

He who dies with most toys wins.  
You need one of these mate, this second hand ones a good price or check out marine deals

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/sports/fishing/salt-water/boat-reels/listing/4529911362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 8:32am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JOF chineese braid. 30lb. Yes out last friday did a cast and it went over the top of the mussel farm backbone,now what to do??Thought could untie and retrieve or just give it ****,which I did,and no braid didnt break but straightened out the jig head hook.impressed about the braid, OA lightbulb head.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 54 minutes ago at 8:25am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Someone please explain why I should buy Daiwa line from NZ   500m 15.5kg =  $29.95 from a well known marine shop. When I have just landed here in NZ same line for $7.95 14day delivery. No wonder NZ retailers are doing it hard.If the product was even double the china price I would buy it. not quadruple.     If I import 10 rolls and price dropped down to $3.50 per roll $40 landed at my door

Done a break test and exceeds 15.5 or  30lb,Got it to break at 40lb. crude test tied to a set of electric scales.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 53 minutes ago at 9:26am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've tried to cure myself. Offloaded a ton of lures, jigs, softbaits and other bits and pieces for not much money. Feels good!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 51 minutes ago at 9:28am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Someone please explain why I should buy Daiwa line from NZ   500m 15.5kg =  $29.95 from a well known marine shop. When I have just landed here in NZ same line for $7.95 14day delivery. No wonder NZ retailers are doing it hard.If the product was even double the china price I would buy it. not quadruple.     If I import 10 rolls and price dropped down to $3.50 per roll $40 landed at my door

Done a break test and exceeds 15.5 or  30lb,Got it to break at 40lb. crude test tied to a set of electric scales.

Yep , just got bitched at by the hardware shop guy ...... apparently he is dying  ( sale wise )  according to him .  But  why  can I buy  good quality spanners  from the UK  much cheaper than offa him , yeah they take 10 days to my doorstep . I got a whole blind bearing puller kit ,in a case  for  $6.95 off Temu  when its 80 bucks in town ( exact same thing ).  80 bucks for the pump impeller on my outboard from local Honda shop .....60 bucks for the whole pump inc liners seals and gaskets  offa ebay ( freight free from China ) . Stihl saw parts  , oil pumps and air filters.
 I dont get it ......well I do but WTF.........untold cheap fishin stuff  , 80lb braid on our cod winches , 6lb berkley tournament braid on the trout nabbers ................... I could go on  ( usually do LOL.
 My 1st reaction upon discovering I need a new thing  is to reach for the mouse ..........yep , got that off the net too Big smile

Having said all that I wouldnt want the handbrake to find out how much I spend at MD'sDead
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 49 minutes ago at 11:30am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Mc Tool Mc Tool wrote:

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Yep , just got bitched at by the hardware shop guy ...... apparently he is dying  ( sale wise )  according to him .  But  why  can I buy  good quality spanners  from the UK  much cheaper than offa him , yeah they take 10 days to my doorstep . I got a whole blind bearing puller kit ,in a case  for  $6.95 off Temu  when its 80 bucks in town ( exact same thing ).  80 bucks for the pump impeller on my outboard from local Honda shop .....60 bucks for the whole pump inc liners seals and gaskets  offa ebay ( freight free from China ) . Stihl saw parts  , oil pumps and air filters.
 I dont get it ......well I do but WTF.........untold cheap fishin stuff  , 80lb braid on our cod winches , 6lb berkley tournament braid on the trout nabbers ................... I could go on  ( usually do LOL.
 My 1st reaction upon discovering I need a new thing  is to reach for the mouse ..........yep , got that off the net too Big smile

Having said all that I wouldnt want the handbrake to find out how much I spend at MD'sDead
Boy wanted a cam belt,tensionor ,water pump etc for a toyota camry 1997,quoted nz $800 did the whole job for $180.Parts arrived from Mace Engineering Aussie 3 days. 

If retailers just put a small mark up on,maybe we would buy more,turn over is the answer not sell one for big profit. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 51 minutes ago at 2:28pm
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I used to manage a service dept for a nationwide department store  , and once I got my head around stock control  I was gobsmacked at  some of the mark ups .... not all ,   we had staff  discount  .... cost +5% , I might have got 50 bucks off a washing machine  but all my sports gear ( inc firearms and ammo ) was about half price   . #uck I miss that job now LOL   even got a 6hp mercury 4/  ....and the blimmin dingy LOL
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Page  <1 391392393