from Aus heading to NZ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MITCH20452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: from Aus heading to NZ
    Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 8:46pm
MITCH20452 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Hi,
 I am from Australia but am heading over to NZ with the missus in march next year. Will be going from Auckland to Christchurch over a couple of weeks. plan on getting a lot of fishing in.
 I compete on the national bream tournament circuit here in Australia and am wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction on where to head once i get there. 90% of our fishing will be flicking placcies on rather light gear and am happy to chase whatever comes our way.
Thanks in advance

Mitch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MITCH20452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 8:53pm
MITCH20452 View Drop Down
New User
New User

sorry fellas i wrote my post but must not have logged in cause my name didn't show up on the post. i'll see if this one works
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2006 at 7:47pm
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

"new user" great handle!

if you are heading through Tauranga either drop us a PM on fishing.net and I'm sure we could find a rock to throw some rubbery stuff at fish from.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ajst2duk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2006 at 5:30pm
ajst2duk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey there "new user" you will find plenty of action here in Auckland, you only have to get on the water to have a chance at some snapper (although the odds have turned against me in the last 3 trips). There are plenty of ways to get out there, prob a good idea to call closer to the time, and in the meantime, keep an eye on this site to keep in touch.