Right - 3rd time lucky then

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Right - 3rd time lucky then
    Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 1:09pm
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After 2 attempts to hook a trevor at the "secret" spot without success I am off to try again.  This time with a palomar rigged No.1 hook and a Gulp worm.

I know they like the worms as on a jig head they got munted but the hooks are the current jig heads are just too big.

Ordered the LAST packet of No.2 worm hooks available in the country from the distributor - but for now a trout hook and some luck.

Ahhhh , the benefits of being able to skive off work early.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 5:21pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

After reading that I had to shoot down to "my rocks" to make sure Barney wasn't about to deplete the whole ocean.
He wasn't expecting the rock police & hadn't met me before so when I walked up to him & asked "are you Barney?" he was a bit taken aback.LOL
Good to meet you Barney & I'm sure we will fish together again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 5:29pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How did you both go today down at "Uncle rock" ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 6:09pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

No good Mooch. The tide was well out & the wind was straight in our faces so we didn't have much hope of reaching the fish.
As well as having to contend with that, a pod of dolphins were in attendance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 6:17pm
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

WINNDDDY!  More to the point  - the camera definately puts 20 or 30 pounds on  me Wink

Just for reference Sandford's wharf was just as barren.  Maybe the two $30k jetski's had something to do with that.

Oh well, got some smaller jig heads (2/0) so maybe trip #4.  So much to learn.