SP Seminar - Tauranga on Wed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP Seminar - Tauranga on Wed
    Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 5:06pm
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone still got details of  the start time?

I know its at the Yacht Club at teh end of Sulphur Point.

BarneyC
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 5:27pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

think it was 7.30 was at the big fish in te puke couple weeks ago and saw a phamplet on it well worth going
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 7:21pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Barney, it starts at 7pm & from what I've heard, it's going to be pretty crowded.
One of my mates works at H&F & he suggested getting there well before kick-off if you want a seat.

The Big Fish have their own seminar at the Mount Cozzie Club a few days later. I'm not sure exactly when but will find out if anyone wants to know.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 7:36pm
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sweet thanks Uncle

Guess I'd better get my sorry butt back from Matata early then, as that's where I am hanging out for work tomorrow.

Now here's a wierd one.  How on earth is anyone supposed to recognise anyone? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 8:19pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Not sure if I'll be there Barney but if I am, I'll wear a hat ,should make me stand out like dogs danglesLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coast to Coast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2006 at 12:51am
Coast to Coast View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Should be able to recognise me if you look towards the front BarneyC...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2006 at 11:49pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Hey Barney, I was there wearing my hat & Mike recognised me.
Were you there?

It was a cracker evening, about 250 people turned up & Mal & Mike put on a great show.
I spent a fair bit of time watching the reactions of the crowd & it was quite interesting.
The slide show was mighty convincing & when they stopped for a "pit stop", the shop section went crazy.
I missed out on the giveaway rod & reel by 2 numbers & was a bit sad about that but I'd guess the guy who won would have been stoked.
The new generation IM7 rods on display were bloody impressive.
I WANT one!
Not sure if they have been seen elsewhere so I'd be interested in what others on here think.

If anyone from Tauranga reads this & missed tonights session, The Big Fish is hosting a similar seminar at The Mount Cossie  Club next Wednesday.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BarneyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 8:02am
BarneyC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yup I made it (sorry we didn't catch up). 

I thought it was a bloody good effort - especially for a freebie.  Mind you I have been after a pair of those lip grips for a while (the Rapala ones are soooooooo expensive) so the freebie turned into a $50 + 3 MORE packets of pogy's :o))

Didn't get the chance to play with the rods as it was so busy at the break - that said must check out my Shimano SquidySpin rod for an IM rating.  Suspect it is a 6 but love it none the less.

I had a couple of middle-aged guys with wives next to me who were like little schoolboys at every picture, every bait and every joke.  It was a bit like going to the cinema to watch a film with the kids - makes the evening.

Mike - superb effort, I hate you only because you get to do it for a job! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strayline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 12:05pm
strayline View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Uncle,
Strayline here.... totally agree last nite was amazing , I thought there would be a degree of interest but wow 250+...... 
anyway I am off to Te Kouma / Coro for a week and I must say it does not seem right :   x 2 Rods   x1 Man Bag of jigheads & sp's.
That's it !!!!   No bait , no berley no 14 rods & reels !!!!!!
I am going to be strong ....it's a SP week only
Will report on my return.
By the way I had my first tangle with a kingi on SP's  with my Berlkey 4kg
out by the entrance ..... pretty near spooled me , a long story that ended in tears by what a buzzz !   We have just got to get out there together I need your instruction.
Cheers
Strayline
A MOOLOO MAN IN THE BAY!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coast to Coast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 4:11pm
Coast to Coast View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the great comments guys. I've done a lot of seminars and speaking engagements the last 20 years but these are the easiest of the lot to do because a/ it just works so well that we have absolute confidence in what we are talking about b/ those sitting in the audience that have done it know that it works as well as we are telling everyone and c/ those that haven't and do go out and do it, a huge number judging by all the gear I've seen sold while we have been doing these nights, we know are in for a great experience when they do.

The enthusiasm we get from the audience makes it so good too. We kicked these Fishing Coast to Coast / Pure Fishing Seminars off in Whitianga a few months ago. That was the hardest group so far. A couple of weeks ago I went to the Whitianga scallop festival and got stopped four times by people who had attended the nights then successfully gone out and done it. The Mount next week...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 4:15pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Uncle what brand were the new IM7 rods ?