So Long and Thanks for all the yakfish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Long and Thanks for all the yakfish
    Posted: 05 Sep 2006 at 2:00pm
nodrog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi, thanks for ideas/inspiration/help etc.

I am joining the ranks of fizz-boat fishers for the next year or so

(Bob is now under comand of another form member. )

Call in for a coffee if you see me anchored up!

Cheers,
Gordon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2006 at 8:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

There'll be no fish left in the sea now nodroG! what are you getting/fishing from?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2006 at 8:48pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by nodrog nodrog wrote:

....Bob is now under comand of another forum member

It's me me me! Read about it in What I got for father's day.

Been looking around for a second-hand welly-based fishing yak for several months and Bob fitted the bill to a tee. Ironically, I had hoped to go yak fishing with nodrog & slab at some stage but now looks like he will be leaving me in the wake of his fizz boat. 

Thanks nodrog for all the freebies that came with Bob and like I said, you are most welcome to borrow him anytime.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rodderst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2006 at 8:48pm
rodderst View Drop Down
New User
New User

so do I get a chance out on the West Coast (Plimmerton area) now?Hoorah

Good luck, I presume you will be going out deep

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2006 at 8:55pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nodrog, whatcha doin manWacko. You need to see a doctor bout that before you're completely turnedLOL. Don't let them aliens control your body man, fight back, com'on you can do it, snap out of it.Wink

All the best with your new fizz boat.
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2006 at 7:20pm
nodrog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi smudge, I've got a 13'6 sea nymph, just a big yak really, with a windscreen. Old school but mint was my dads ride to the delta from tokaanu. new 4-stroke 25 and 4hp paddles on the back. Have spent a couple of weekends playing (8 years out of practice) and doing it up (multiple scotties, humminbird M70, pink shagpile etc). Can anyone help me source a 12V stainless espresso machine?

Rodderst - i'll still be doing the inshore bit as that�s my favourite, i just hope the slopping hull doesn't scare them in the shallows... also engine is fast enough to get me into a load of trouble out wide, but hull not big enough to get me out of it!

NM - long term plan is a touring sea yak - fish equipped of course (there are times when only a yak will do!). Will take a year at least, working on minor problems like money, lack of a beard, and ass way too big to fit into one anyway. Meantime I�ll do the boat-ramp thing, get my old man into some real fish over the summer, might even get the wife out (when it needs a good clean, of course) oh � and rent a yak from time to time, between fergs and dive-spot I�ll be fine for the odd yak-comp just to keep my hand in

Best of luck out on the water sooshie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2006 at 9:03pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tut, tut, tut, a sad day indeedCryUnhappy just keep an eye out for us low to the water guy's whilst fizzing about!

good luck out there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 10:34am
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nodders

I can see the upside to all this, I was looking at Steve Tapp's motorised yak in the Fishing News and thought "Why bother?". Five bucks will get me a tow line to fix to your transom...sweeeeet.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kohi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 12:40pm
Kohi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Congrats - if it's like my boat you will have a blast.  Mine is a  Sea Nymph "Sprite".  Goes hard.  Had a few fuse problems, but that is about all.  Best thing I EVER did was put a new prop and permatrim on.  The permatrim made it a new boat, and it planes better and handles rough a billion times better.  Feel safer to go further out now.

Got a pic of the boat??  Love to see it.!

Originally posted by nodrog nodrog wrote:

Hi smudge, I've got a 13'6 sea nymph, just a big yak really, with a windscreen. Old school but mint was my dads ride to the delta from tokaanu. new 4-stroke 25 and 4hp paddles on the back. Have spent a couple of weekends playing (8 years out of practice) and doing it up (multiple scotties, humminbird M70, pink shagpile etc). Can anyone help me source a 12V stainless espresso machine?

Rodderst - i'll still be doing the inshore bit as that�s my favourite, i just hope the slopping hull doesn't scare them in the shallows... also engine is fast enough to get me into a load of trouble out wide, but hull not big enough to get me out of it!

NM - long term plan is a touring sea yak - fish equipped of course (there are times when only a yak will do!). Will take a year at least, working on minor problems like money, lack of a beard, and ass way too big to fit into one anyway. Meantime I�ll do the boat-ramp thing, get my old man into some real fish over the summer, might even get the wife out (when it needs a good clean, of course) oh � and rent a yak from time to time, between fergs and dive-spot I�ll be fine for the odd yak-comp just to keep my hand in

Best of luck out on the water sooshie

Boobies for the win !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 2:41pm
nodrog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Kohi,

I am VERY pleased to here your permatrim is worthwhile - I just ordered one this week, will arrive monday - and I was kind of wondering if I have done the right thing..

Will do a post in a boat forum when i find my way around that