#SOLD # Shimano Stella on Synit Dogtoooth AA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #SOLD # Shimano Stella on Synit Dogtoooth AA
    Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 5:54pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have owned both since new. Am selling because I've sold the boat and have ticked off a few trips to the 3 Kings.

Stella is a 20000SW 2008 model loaded with YGK pe8 braid. Probably the best spin reels ever made. Still runs like the day I brought it and was serviced by Shimano a few years back and used once since. Always thoroughly cleaned, dried and lubed. Has a few scratches as expected, particularly around the reel seat area as per the pic. Does not affect the performance in any way. Hyper twin drag system is silky smooth and purrs, producing 25kg of stopping power you'll be doing well to hang on to.... Comes with original box with cover, spool band, and left hand spindle to convert to left handed operation.

Rod is a Synit Dogtooth AA 250-600 gram PE6-10 spin jig rod. Absolute demon of a rod and will take on any fish. Good for jigging, live baiting, or pitching a bait to a Marlin. Only used on 3 trips and always cleaned, dried and guides lubed. Has a slight rust mark under the big eye and has a dent in the foam grip where it was forced into my gimbal by a big King Bank Kingfish... Don't affect the performance at all. Looks sick in custom green and gold eye bindings.

This is a very capable one-off setup that is up for the task and is irreplaceable. Be sad to see it go but it doesn't deserve to gather dust!!! $1200.00. Located in Pakuranga Auckland
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyhooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 5:20am
dirtyhooker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Would u have 800 bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 10:32am
Platinum
Platinum

Would I take $800? No thanks been offered much more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 6:14pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Beautiful set up. The dogtooths have an amazing action. Not to mention the 08 Stella
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 8:01pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah it's an amazing setup for sure! The Synit is so light but man it's up for anything that could be hooked.... and the Stella is still silky smooth. It's a gangster combo and looks primo as too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

Still for sale!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ell-Nino mk2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:38pm
Ell-Nino mk2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hey Jonny

I’m ELL, I had the handle ELL Nino but haven’t posted for years ( like ten) and have a long forgotten email/password to this site so I’ve had to create a (new)profile and login so I could post on your thread and ask you, is the combo still for sale, cause I’m keen, I’ll send you a PM too, it’ll be shorter than this, cheers mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 4:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

Hey mate have PM'd ya back. Cheers