Missing Chart Area Raglan (Back Harbour)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pannie_Dropper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Chart Area Raglan (Back Harbour)
    Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 6:31pm
Pannie_Dropper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Howdy all,
I have a Lowrance Elite 7 on the good ship Pannie Dropper, and when I’m heading the Raglan back harbour area I seem to go off the edge of the world. The chart detail stops at the wharf ramp pretty much. I suppose the e-chart is based on the actual admiralty charts for the harbour which cover the same area. 
Does anyone know how to get any chart info to display for further up the harbour?
Even if it  doesn’t have depth contours it’s handy to id which entrance is the narrows or Okete etc. 
Thanks in advance.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:41pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just looked on line and doesn't look like a chart of the inner harbour exists.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pannie_Dropper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 1:56am
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah,
 never charted officially up there I reckon. I’m sure I’ve been on friends boats where the coastline is displayed on their chart plotter though - even an approximation is better than this.
I’m trying to suss out a way of incorporating satellite imagery into the blanked area so I have something to display

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pannie_Dropper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 1:57am
Bronze
Bronze

And thanks for that link, very handy!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 7:51pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If I remember I'll have a look on my C-map in my chart plotter when I'm out tomorrow to see if it has anything. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:03pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Navionics has some patchy coverage.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:05pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 8:04pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

C map stops same area as Navionics.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pannie_Dropper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 9:53pm
Bronze
Bronze

That would do - even some coverage is better that nothing. I’ve been doing a bit of investigation and it is possible to load satellite imagery for a specific area. It seems to be a process.
I’m not sure if the back harbour is covered in this much details in the Navionics basemap coverage. It is there on the Navionics + however.
If basemap gets re-instated on wet maps.co.nz I’ll have a look 
Thanks for the help everyone