Surf/Rock Rod Recommendations

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote diekato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surf/Rock Rod Recommendations
    Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:54pm
diekato View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Afternoon team. I'm planning on buying a surfcaster for the beach but also wanting something which will be usable off rocks if possible. Would using a 14 ft surfcaster off the rocks still be feasible? Any help would be appreciated. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Richie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 9:24am
Richie99 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey diekato, so from what I’ve learned it’s best not to try buy a rod for multi tasking “you need to decide what kind of fishing you’re doing the most if 80 percent of your fishing is from the shore and 20 percent of your fishing is from the rocks or vice versa then wouldn’t you want to invest more in the fishing you do the most?” -tony bishop. And more information I’ve learned is that if you’re going fishing on the east coast 10-11ft is the best length however on the west coast you sometimes want a little longer to be safer. Personally I would go for 2 rods one for surfcasting, for instance this https://www.burnsco.co.nz/fishing/fishing/rod-reel-combos/rod-reel-revenger-80-on-13-6-3pc and then for rock fishing I would go for this https://www.burnsco.co.nz/fishing/fishing/rod-reel-combos/okuma-revenger-80-revenger-pro-10-combo of course these are slightly cheaper combos but I have bought the rock fishing one and if you regularly lubricate the reel it works like a charm!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 10:05am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had a jervus walker combo 12 ft used it for beach and rock fishing,depends on how serious you take it as to the $$ spent and if you spend the $$ and enjoy it you will then want travel futher a field,coro pennisular/up north/out west.Hmm got me thinking with this weather might have to reserect the gear.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic