Trailer security

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote theaccidentalfisherman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer security
    Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:47pm
theaccidentalfisherman1981 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I only have a small boat, is securing the trailer (both at home and when out on boat) with anything more than a coupling lock required? If so any recommendations?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 8:53pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use a SAS wheel clamp. Coupling locks don’t stop much.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote drpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 3:49pm
drpc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

At home Coupling Lock Ball socket lock and wheel clamp. At the ramp coupling lock and wheel clamp
Please support Leagasea
http://www.legasea.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:36pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Zoe can you tow the trailer with that lock on your tow ball? 

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

I think Zoe may not be terribly authentic. Like many other newbies he/she/them appear to be from the USA according to the IP address
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 3:42pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Smudge. I have one of those tow bar couplings that don’t accomodate locking when hitched so having a system that covers coupling and ball to lock would be awesome. I’d then be able to stop at pub etc on way home and know my boats still with the car… oh well
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote drpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:51pm
drpc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I use a Ball socket lock, cant get to it with cutters as inside coupling, a pin lock which has a padlock which the pin slides into which holds the coupling lever down, and finally a wheel clamp. Hopfully when they see all those they will go elsewhere
Please support Leagasea
http://www.legasea.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:48am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You can tow with these in place, I have one and rate them.....

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 4:21am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On our last outing to KKB,parked in the fenced paddock,club parking,on return found snub roller removed, yes the bit the bow at winch fits in to,nylock nut so couldnt come loose and one wheel from rear wobble gone,lucky I suppose that I removed the winch handle.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 7:32pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

You can tow with these in place, I have one and rate them.....

Look good. I'll see if I can get one from Perth (son coming over)